Shadowrun Pub

• April 25, 2024, 06:38:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadowrun: 5th Edition  (Read 4097 times)

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Re: Shadowrun: 5th Edition
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »

I don't know how I feel about it; I see the benefit to both methods (in dynamic initiatives, faster is cooler; in 4th's initiative scheme, no one had to go do a soda run while waiting for the street SAMs to finish their 40 actions before everyone else gets to go).

In the days of dynamic initiative, we had one player who used every means at his disposal to go as fast as possible- and he never did anything. Every combat, he'd go first, sometimes by a few passes, observe in detail and delay action until the bad guys targeted someone else, or one of us poor fobs finally got to go.

One time, his badass physical adept hid in the elevator while my decker fought red samurai.

- kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 12:05:27 AM »

Hey, Question to you guys still around...

There rules for Minotaurs for 5th? Small post game with friend where had idea for large Minotaur lass who had ties to mafia, but cant quite find the rules to make them in 5e... There a book, or only fan made stuff?
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 03:08:36 AM »

I have to admit, I haven't even opened the book.
I kinda lost touch when 4th ed turned the mechanics into "Storyteller, but worse". :-/  :'(
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 07:23:56 AM »

I found it shortly after asking... Admit at the time i was just a Bit tipsy from the drink, and noticed it as soon as i stopped looking.

Gotta say i like 5th, back more to the original system like 3rd, though still some differences. Still this stupid urge to make EVERYTHING wireless, which just sounds stupid and retarded to me.. but yeah.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 12:45:03 PM »

Ok... So one thing has been bothering me... And techincally 4th started it.

Wireless systems.
What is with some of these bonuses? Some i get, like smartguns getting real time data to help predict shots, checking the matrix for most current data on things, and the such like that....

But on physical parts? Like eye augments, cyber weapons, all the things like that? A weak wireless signal is really much more effective and faster to think through then a wire system that should already be attached to your body?

Do they have little switches and toggles you Actively have to flip to turn them on? Is there any actual reason WHY you have to have this wireless retardation to get this little bonus? Is there some actual reason why the direct connection to your head isnt able to do it as quickly as a wireless signal..?

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2019, 02:02:04 AM »

Well, no. Wireless is always slower (less data/time) than wireless.
A friend of mine defended it by talking about data ownership and updating software. I'd still refuse to get wires installed that I couldn't take offline at will.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2019, 09:38:58 AM »

Well, no. Wireless is always slower (less data/time) than wireless.
A friend of mine defended it by talking about data ownership and updating software. I'd still refuse to get wires installed that I couldn't take offline at will.

First part has 2 wireless mentions, im guessing one means wired, but im not sure which is which...

but another friend pointed out its possible its a "software" limitation built in by corps to help keep track of things, kinda like how single player games want you to be online to play..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7366 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 20 queries.