Shadowrun Pub

• April 18, 2024, 12:25:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2050  (Read 1118 times)

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« on: April 07, 2013, 08:58:19 AM »

Hey All,

I bought the 2050 supplement, and I was curious if anyone else had read/looked at it. I'm super interested in a return to some of the classic storylines, but someone pointed out that it would be difficult to do (since a lot of the rules we're used to for 4th edition are wrapped up in the Anniversary book, which includes all sorts of stuff from the 'future' beyond 2050.

I want to run a 2050 game, but I'm trying to figure out what rules to use/what books to allow.

- kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
Re: 2050
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 10:51:29 AM »

Well the 2050 supplement is pretty good imho.  It actually has all you need to run in a 2050 setting.  Now in my research for my own game I actually went back through the previous editions and found that a lot of the gear and weapons are still the same through the years.  So as far as that is concerned you don't have to worry about it.  You can also use the Sixth World Almanac as reference material as well.  The 2050 is for the purpose of bringing a lot of the storyline from that time frame to the 2073 timeline.  Unlike previous 1-3 editions where the rule changes were minimal at best and still used the same basic structure 4th really took off in another direction. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7320 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.