Shadowrun RPG > SR4 (Shadowrun 4th Edition) General Discussion

... yeah..

<< < (3/3)

Capt_North:
*nods* The character i got in mind uses a pair of pistols, not for "more dakka" but lets him take more controlled shots, and carry special clips for the pistols containing situation appropriate ammo (anti armor, explosive, gel, tracer, ect)

And when there is the time needs more Dakka, any uncomped recoil from one gun counts towards the other being fired. Nothing really big, just kinda, rolling things over in my head. heh

Ingo Monk:
I'm on the fence, I can enjoy both the priority and the build point system.  I feel however that the build-point system allows for more customization of the character, which appeals to the internal min-maxer demon inside of me haha!  Being a professional nerd I had no issues throwing together a spreadsheet that tracked all the BP I used when creating a character.

When I GM it's an entirely different matter, I just write down stats and give skills/abilities/gear/etc. as I feel necessary.  I find that as long as I know the system well enough I can make NPCs this way that are a good challenge but not a brick wall for the players.  Of course if I mess up I can always add/remove dice from the rolls I make.  It's about game play and not specifics after all ;)

I've been meaning to get into Chummer at KV's recommendation, I just haven't gotten around to it.  Actually I haven't had much time the last 6 months or so to do anything RPG related at all!  It bugs me a little but I'm sure I'll eventually find time for it again.

-Ingo

Capt_North:
*nodnod* Chummer is pretty awesome.. Only done a "Vanilla" style character, human street sam, but it has some good charm, ad when shopping its handy in that it will tell you things like what book said item is in and what page (though its wrong on the core book parts) And, i'll admit, just kinda fun to dink with.

kv:
I think the 'core' book pages numbers refer to the Anniversary edition (or maybe they refer to the original printing, and I'm remembering it wrong), so there's that.

Chummer is awesome. Go download chummer.

- kv

The Laughing Man:
It really is flexible, on a 400 bp build I came up with a Troll unarmed fighter/grappler that held a bottle necked tunnel on his own for multiple turns against guys in armor and guns. I went down but with enough time for the rest of the team to drive out the enemies coming from the other side and come to save the day. Good times :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version