Shadowrun Pub

• April 19, 2024, 12:10:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: SR5 Rumor Mill  (Read 3726 times)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
SR5 Rumor Mill
« on: April 29, 2013, 10:59:03 PM »

Post rumors about SR5 that you've been told or read here.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
Re: SR5 Rumor Mill
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:14:06 AM »

Well this is still a rumor because well no official release date has been posted but amazon has a pre-order of fifth edition available saying it will ship on the May 22nd.

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:01:40 PM »

Since inflation?  I don't know just always seemed to be expensive period.  I mean I kind of shrugged when 4th edition 20th anniversary was $45.  Got to realize that shadowrun esque stuff is creeping up on us.  I bet the PDF file will be like 45 or 50 itself.  And DriveThru or maybe Paizo (they do weird stuff like that) offer up a combo deal of print and pdf for like $80 or something. 

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:34:55 PM »

Rumor has it, this edition heralds the return of the term 'decker,' 'cyberdeck' and 'deckmeister!'

Well, not actually rumor, I read the SR5 preview, and it used all of those terms. :)

- Logain
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:38:45 PM »

Ooh, here's another juicy rumor- there's supposed to be a complete character builder in the Shadowrun: Online game. We'll see how that works out, but it would be exciting!
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:40:25 PM »

Ooh, here's another juicy rumor- there's supposed to be a complete character builder in the Shadowrun: Online game. We'll see how that works out, but it would be exciting!

Pretty neat!  So if they're running SR5 rules, does that mean they'll allow you to export the character to use in a regular SR RPG game?  How cool would that be?

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 11:04:29 PM »

That would be pretty damn cool.

Also, since it's free to play, I'm looking forward to a Guild called "Pubbers" that will have a very select clientele!

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 11:07:07 PM »

Also, since it's free to play, I'm looking forward to a Guild called "Pubbers" that will have a very select clientele!
I wonder what they'll call it.  Guild is too fantasy RPG, maybe something simple like 'Runner Team'. 

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 06:08:49 PM »

I saw something about organization but I think that was a forum board throwing around ideas.  As for 'Pubbers' okey day but our goal now is to make enough money to own a chain of pubs throughout Europe (don't forget we won't be bouncing around Seattle Chummers).  I shall be known as Mercurial the greatest ork street sam you will never wanna deal with.  Mainly cause if I can I will be aiming at bioware more than the cyberware option.  So I will still be squishy.  Also I don't think that SR Online will be as compatible with 5th as we think.  Recent post on the web indicates that Metatypes will have perks and drawbacks that balance them with all other metatypes.  http://www.shadowrun.com/shadowrun-online/2013/05/02/more-character-customization-goodness/#more-973
Second the fact that if you go look at the gun customization images they have up one of the weapons is the Predator.  Yes, that Ares hunk of metal that we all know and love.  In the images the modifications they showed was a silencer and a laser sight.  Now if I remember right except for the Predator 2 all Predator came with built in Smartlink.  Laser sight seems well a bit redundant and pointless or did they take out smartlink?  One of the things they did mention that starting gear was going to be pretty basic. 

I be Pubber hear me hiccup! <Hic>

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 07:22:30 PM »

I hate to break it to you, but the name Mercurial is already a wee bit taken. Good news, the name Molybdenum is still unclaimed!

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 08:50:48 PM »

Back to the rumors and Deckers (woot) I would like to point out that the way they are doing this is a two fold process (actually could be multifold for all I know) hence the rumor.  They are adding a layer to the matrix that will keep the general populace on one side.  What is on the other I have no idea honestly.  However, this layer of security will create 'noise' that will prevent the usual freedom that hackers currently enjoy being able to hack anything from anywhere that is linked to the Matrix.  The 'noise' can only be overcome by proximity.  Decks (and this is guesswork) are going to be what is needed to cut through the security layer to the Matrix underneath.
Oh, this part is not rumor but from one of the books Shadowrun 2050.  In it they have added to Cyberdecks with what they called 'Luggage' which the best I can figure is the equivalent to laptop.  The cyberdeck is the cellphone, luggage is the laptop, and the cyberterminal is the personal computer.  I don't know if this is going to have a factor on the 'future' cyberdecks.

Oh putting this under here because it is development not confirmed.  Though the phrasing seems to link it to confirmed status.
http://www.shadowrun.com/shadowrun-tabletop/2013/05/04/sr5-development-wireless-bonuses/

So the preview I linked earlier has some shadow slang in it and it refers to hackers.  It makes a differential between hacker who uses a cyberdeck and a technomancer who uses their talent.  So I was working on a few house rules and this is how I had written it up.  I think I might be running on the right track.  I have to admit I am better at predicting the path of 5th than I thought.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:20:17 PM by bull30548 »

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 03:53:15 AM »

I am putting this in Rumor Mill because I am not sure if what is in the US is the same as overseas.  There is a poster and quickstart rules posted on Drivethru RPG for 5th edition in German.  I looked it over but I don't know if the translation program I used was accurate enough. 

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »

What was the juicy rumor?

I have one; I saw the preview #3, which has some more fiction (which I enjoyed very much- and features a pink mohawk!), and the first page and a half of the character creation stuff.

You can preview it here:
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/115061/Shadowrun%2C-Fifth-Edition-Preview-%233

Anyway, the reason I posted this in 'juicy rumor territory' is because the language in the character creation section seems to indicate the return of priority-based character creation. Yay! The language also seems to suggest (to me, at least) that the characters will be made using the karma generation system, so that the same way you create your character is how you level them up. All good news!

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 05:17:36 AM »

I put it in rumors because as I said I don't know if the rules used in Germany are going to be the same as those used in the US. I mean I honestly don't know as I have never compared any previous system to the German or Japanese systems.  I would expect phrasing would be different from ours but rules could be different.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7326 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 19 queries.