Shadowrun RPG > SR5 (Shadowrun 5th Edition) General Discussion

SR5 Rumor Mill

<< < (3/4) > >>

kv:
I hate to break it to you, but the name Mercurial is already a wee bit taken. Good news, the name Molybdenum is still unclaimed!

- kv

bull30548:
Back to the rumors and Deckers (woot) I would like to point out that the way they are doing this is a two fold process (actually could be multifold for all I know) hence the rumor.  They are adding a layer to the matrix that will keep the general populace on one side.  What is on the other I have no idea honestly.  However, this layer of security will create 'noise' that will prevent the usual freedom that hackers currently enjoy being able to hack anything from anywhere that is linked to the Matrix.  The 'noise' can only be overcome by proximity.  Decks (and this is guesswork) are going to be what is needed to cut through the security layer to the Matrix underneath.
Oh, this part is not rumor but from one of the books Shadowrun 2050.  In it they have added to Cyberdecks with what they called 'Luggage' which the best I can figure is the equivalent to laptop.  The cyberdeck is the cellphone, luggage is the laptop, and the cyberterminal is the personal computer.  I don't know if this is going to have a factor on the 'future' cyberdecks.

Oh putting this under here because it is development not confirmed.  Though the phrasing seems to link it to confirmed status.
http://www.shadowrun.com/shadowrun-tabletop/2013/05/04/sr5-development-wireless-bonuses/

So the preview I linked earlier has some shadow slang in it and it refers to hackers.  It makes a differential between hacker who uses a cyberdeck and a technomancer who uses their talent.  So I was working on a few house rules and this is how I had written it up.  I think I might be running on the right track.  I have to admit I am better at predicting the path of 5th than I thought.

bull30548:
I am putting this in Rumor Mill because I am not sure if what is in the US is the same as overseas.  There is a poster and quickstart rules posted on Drivethru RPG for 5th edition in German.  I looked it over but I don't know if the translation program I used was accurate enough. 

kv:
What was the juicy rumor?

I have one; I saw the preview #3, which has some more fiction (which I enjoyed very much- and features a pink mohawk!), and the first page and a half of the character creation stuff.

You can preview it here:
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/115061/Shadowrun%2C-Fifth-Edition-Preview-%233

Anyway, the reason I posted this in 'juicy rumor territory' is because the language in the character creation section seems to indicate the return of priority-based character creation. Yay! The language also seems to suggest (to me, at least) that the characters will be made using the karma generation system, so that the same way you create your character is how you level them up. All good news!

- kv

bull30548:
I put it in rumors because as I said I don't know if the rules used in Germany are going to be the same as those used in the US. I mean I honestly don't know as I have never compared any previous system to the German or Japanese systems.  I would expect phrasing would be different from ours but rules could be different.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version