Shadowrun RPG > SR5 (Shadowrun 5th Edition) General Discussion

Priority System

(1/1)

kv:
Hey All,

I got some time to myself today, and I finally started reading the SR5 rules, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. The rules try really hard to be balanced, and they've revamped the priority system so that there's a reason to take higher than E priority if you want to play a human, and more stuff like that. I'm impressed by the re-vamped group skills (both how they're broken up and how you get them), and I like that beginning characters get to spend karma, since that's how we improve our characters in-game.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is because some of the other players that I know really are not fans of the priority system, which I thought they would be. So I'm curious what your experiences with it have been, and what your thoughts on it are.

- kv

Ingo Monk:
I always kinda liked it.  It was unique and set itself apart from other game systems.  The part I didn't like was the disparity between the different priorities, like for race or resources.  The attributes and skills seemed alright, but not the rest of them.

kv:
They fixed it a little bit, and the racial priorities also give you points toward special attributes- Edge and Magic (or Resonance), which go a long way toward making characters more even- like, I never understood why anyone would take Priority A race, but now there's a reason that I would consider it (9 points for a human to spend on Edge and Magic!).

Look over the revised version, let me know what you think- if necessary, I can put it together and post it on here.

- kv

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version