Shadowrun Pub

• April 29, 2024, 01:56:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pub will not die without a fight.  (Read 9675 times)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Re: The Pub will not die without a fight.
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2018, 10:18:40 PM »

it was, we had some tough spots from... Meh, players, but all in all it was good. sadly, no real call for another it seems, big focus is on mini battles, and while fun, gets kinda old smashing same armies against each other repeatedly each month.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2018, 01:31:03 AM »

Yeah, that is the problem with Only War, isn't it.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2018, 09:15:25 PM »

The players would have been an issue in any game i think. some were just weird.. like dude we called mumbles.

We played at local comic/card/game store, as it was central to all players, and just one day, dude thats like, 70 years old shows up and "joins" makes his character without consulting us, and just kinda joins in. GM rolled with it, despite the fact guy only spoke in a quiet mumbling. after that we just quietly changed our game time. Others were guys who derailed things to tell this totally awesome story of what happened in another game, while playing, people who didnt like that they couldnt just do whatever they wanted without consequences, and other general flakes and such. All in all, excellent game, and i liked the system! were a few small things i'd change, but in the end wasnt to bad.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2018, 01:23:03 AM »

Sidenote.

Listening to starship troopers had made me miss that game more then ever, more so then most 40k novels. It also makes me realize jut how hard a realistic military based game like that is, and how horrible an idea of putting me (via my character) in a command position.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2018, 02:21:25 PM »

It also makes me realize jut how hard a realistic military based game like that is,
Oh yes!

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2018, 09:34:14 AM »

... Was stil fun;3 we got the trained marines of the corporal, sergeant, to master sergeant and what not. All going serious, laying out battle plans, diagrams and all this other stuff.. then things go slightly bad...

And here i come, mr civilian playing a mad max warboy shouting "WITNESS ME!!" and charging at enemies chucking grenades left and right smashing things with a shotgun to save the day. ... Usually. Didnt always go well, but never went horribly.

And the one time one of the army guys (former staff sergeant) tries things my way he is surrounded by goons who are going to chip his health down a point at a time despite his armor, so gets brilliant idea to pull a grenade in each hand and just drop them at his feet.

Cause his armor is so awesome it should protect him fine! (to be fair, our damage rolls with grenades had been crap. pretty much throwing wet m80s at the enemies)

So of course he rolls max damage and nearly kills himself on accident. Just BARELY survived. though did wipe out all the scrubs, but still..

From that day we called him "Two-fist" cause that  was so stupid you needed 2 hands to count the things wrong with it.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2018, 03:07:30 AM »

We had a similar - though less bad - scene.

We had a new guy in the group. We'd told him that frag grenades were pretty much not dangerous, because they hadn't been. Decent toughness, decent armor, bad rolls, you know the drill.

In this particular situation, we needed to rescue a civilian, and the new guy dropped a frag just right next to the civilian and a baddie. Rolled 16 for damage on 2d10. He was honestly surprised the civilian was geeked, 'cause we'd all said frag grenade weren't that dangerous.
We'd just forgotten to include "against armoured orks" in that statement.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2018, 05:34:50 AM »

Oooohhhhh... yeah... thats a quantifier that helps...

But even still, "dont point a weapon at anything you dont intend to destroy," counts in rl and in game.

We had some other players that were... yeah. One played ogryn, and he had to be the center of all attention in everything and complicate every scene. I eventually got him smoked for all the stupid shit. Guy made big deal bout how ogryn  dont like dark places, so my dude rigged him high powered light on his helmet... which drew the fire of a nurgle cultist using auto cannon as a sniper rifle.

Another guy was officer... or suppose to be. Was most piss poor officer ive seen, and ive played one horribly. (And after listening to starship troopers im even more aware of how bad. But in my defense, my dude was never meant as officer, he was crazy ass black thumbed warboy)

Now im kinda left sitting on all my 40k rpg books, many of which selling for hundreds of dollars on ebay. And no prospects for future game as stands... But part of me refuses to part with them "cause who knows!!"

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2018, 03:43:06 PM »

Our 'officer' (well, first sgt, then Lt), was shite too. Funny thing that.

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2018, 11:05:30 PM »

OMG YOU GUYS ARE ALIVE!

WAIT... SO AM I?

:bob:

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2018, 01:57:43 AM »

Ingomonk! Long time no see!
Good to have you with us :)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2018, 02:01:26 AM »

Indeed! Today I was cleaning up bookmarks and here I am!

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2018, 02:06:53 AM »

Holy crap! Your not a Sokushinbutsu!!!

Good to see you Ingo! Hope all goes well!

And yeah. The lead got sniper checked by one of the other players who got sick of his crap.

Sadly... or not considering, gm wouldnt let people play comissars, largely cause his last game gm let some 15 year old asshat play the com, who decided he was going to play him quiet brooding blahblahblah while trying to kill more players then enemy.

I think roles like that you have to have played in game for a while to prove that you can play, and even still subject to gm approval.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2018, 03:07:05 PM »

He was honestly surprised the civilian was geeked, 'cause we'd all said frag grenade weren't that dangerous.
We'd just forgotten to include "against armoured orks" in that statement.

I really and honestly laughed out loud there.  Yeah, guys, it's all in the delivery.

Please note my sig, and yes has bearing on stupid things people do in game...speaking of game, Hunny has been making noises of late about getting a game going.  We no longer have da guyz to draw upon, since life has taken them on the road and they are now scattered across the Eastern Seaboard and the Midwest, but there are geeks hiding in the undergrowth around here.  I'm sure we could come up with 3 or 4 who might want to try gaming.  It has just been soooo long, not sure if we'll be any good at it anymore now that we're all 'grown up' and stuff. (Maturity remains, as always, optional, of course).

And of course,  I must add, HEY THERE, INGO! So pleased to see you!
And now we are four, mwahahahahaha!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 03:08:49 PM by Zone »
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2018, 12:36:17 AM »

And now we are four, mwahahahahaha!

The Four Horsepeople of the Pubocalypse!

(See what I did there! Politically correct! I'm adulting hard these days!)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7408 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 17 queries.