Shadowrun Pub

• April 29, 2024, 07:40:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pub will not die without a fight.  (Read 9711 times)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Re: The Pub will not die without a fight.
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2018, 01:54:48 AM »

Hehe, you know what they say... your only young once... but you can be childish forever.

Our worst decision in game was we saw the chaod apostle, high ranking nurgle champion giving speech in desecrated temple to the emperor. Rest of the group, overriding me as sergeant at the time.. "we have a chance to take him out! Lets have our sniper take a shot!"

Sniper has a basic gun that does piss all but gets minor damage bonus if aimed.

My suggestion, "if we are going to do this, lets use the auto cannon, it has higher damage, a burst fire, and major armor penetration."

Nono! We need to use the sniper rifle. Which regular grunts can take 2-3 hits from. ... so we used the stupid sniper rifle. And, who coukd have known!!! An apostle of nurgle in light power armor was uneffected!! Especially as the shot was blocked by one of his power armored body guards!!! There was NO way anybody coukd have seen thst coming even if i suggested it at the start...

And so we ended up getting chased through the hive by several hundred chaos cultists. By freak dice rolls, we ended up facing off against apostle and his guards, and got whooped though still managed to win (overcharged plasma for the fucking win) but that point i was nearly to dropping the game cause i was tired of dealing with the rest of the group. Gm was annoyed cause he hadnt expected us to do something so fuck stupid. Though when giving reasons ic at least mine helped some as i kept to character for things...

But after that i took haitus and game buckled not long after, to many players fucking about, gm getting burn out (2 year long game meeting twice a month to play for almost 10 hours over roll20 and skype).

Miss the good times of the game though. War minis is fun, but not as much as playing your own character.

And if we are the horsepersons of the pubocalypse, i call dibs on horseperson of bourbons and cognacs.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2018, 05:24:03 AM »

I recall the sniper rifle (well, the long-las) as doing decent damage. But you (the player) had to know what you were doing.

I'd have gone for the autocannon as well.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2018, 10:02:00 AM »

Oh no, this wasnt a long las... This was just plain solid shot rifle.

Long-las: Range: 150m, single shot, 1d10+3 energy damage, 1 penetration, accurate, reliable, felling 4 qualities.
(accurate means you get an additional +10 to shoot when aiming on top of the normal bonus, and for every 2 degrees of success you get an additional 1d10 damage, max of 2d10.
Reliable means doesnt jam or other complications on bad roll,

felling removes 4 levels of unnatural toughness... Which is only useful against daemons or creatures with that powerup, no bonus against normal toughness, but against the plague guys "kind of" useful...

Sniper rifle: Range: 200m, single shot, 1d10+4 damage, 4 penetration, accurate and reliable... So not as bad as i remember, 4 penetrations pretty damn good, though we had screwwd up rules where penetration doesnt count against your Toughness bonus to your armor. So your flabby abs protected better then carapace armor...

AutoCannon: Range 300m single shot and 3 round semi auto, damage of 3d10+8  Penetration 8, reliable

So on range...

Half your "max" range gives you a +10 to hit, at range is +0, double range is -10, 3 times range is -30.

With sniper rifle we were at extreme taking the -30.. so roughly 450 meters. So with autocannon we would have had long range for -10.

But sniper rifle came with telescopic scope, thus ignored that penalty with full aim, soo.. yeah, it gets advantage on range technically..

number wise...
full action Aiming with both provides a +10, but due to its accurate nature the sniper rifle gets an extra +10.

Sniper rifle +20 to hit,
Autocannon +0 to hit

for firing a single shot rifle you also get a +10 to hit, bumping sniper to +30, (but, he called a shot to the head, negating the +10, he wanted to maximize damage)

Autocannon as semi auto gets no bonus or penalty, remaining at +0, BUT! for semi auto you get an additional hit for every 2 degrees of success (every 10 pts over your target number) So a chance for more then 1 shot to hit. I'd call no head shot here as we would want to use the semi-auto fire which can only be done with single
Sniper +20
AC: +0

Target was unaware (giving a speech infront of loyal crowd) which would give a +30. we had higher ground +10,
Sniper: +60
AutoCannon: +40

Dude had a high ballistic after long time playing, round about 48 (though looking at his sheet it says 80 now... which i doubt..)

To figure difficulty, you take your base skill (the said 48) add in modifiers (60 for sniper, 40 for AC) and roll a d100 hoping to roll lower then your end result.. which means with sniper rifle, only way he would miss is if he rolled a 100 or so, which just automatically fails

With autocannon would need to roll under a 88 to hit, and every 10 more under gets extra hit up to 3.

on random roll... 17. Yeah. Both are good hits with either gun, sniper rifle does 3d10+4 damage in one hit..

Autocannon does 3 hits of 3d10+8...

Sniper damage: 28 and ignores 4 points of armor, and up to 4 pts of unnatural tough directly to the head (called shot to head)

Autocannon: First shot hits right leg with 20 damage second shot hits right leg again for 24 damage, third shot hits body for 32 Damage. Eac hit has 8pts of penetration. Third shot also had a 10 on its damage making it a critical! That is ouch.

he had an armor of about 10 (plating, chaos, ect) and 5 of that was all toughness, so by our screwwed up rules he ignores 5 damage from each hit.
Sniper rifle does end of 22 damage. He had like, 30 wounds, so ouch, but lives..

Autocannon... first shot, 15 damage, second shot, 19, third shot 27 damage (and as a critical, cracks his ribs dealing 1d10 toughness damage). End result? 61 damage. more then double his wounds, and Right into critical damage! and very likely just dead.

BUT!! Surprise twist! one of his body guards had a talent (which im sure was scribbled onto the sheet at last second as this hairbrained plan was dreamed up..) that let him jump in and intercept the attack.

I kinda tuned out at this point, otherwise as they were unaware the dude shouldnt have time to jump in front of a super sonic round.. But gm wanted the dude alive evidently (forgot the first rule. Never give PCs access to someone you dont want dead). And with autocannon could argue with that much damage and armor penetration that it should have torn him to shreds and hit the guy behind him, as he described it as him jumping infront of the target, not knocking him out of the way....

But thats just me. at that point i had pretty much just checked out of the game due to all the BS of side junk. didnt help they wanted to ... Encourage... one of the players from the secondary group (dude ran 2 games, diff squads in same regiment off oing seperate missions which had some effects on each other) with his "voice acting" which came out as very stilted and shitty canadian and Wisconsin accents. like someone dubbed in lines from fargo and trailer park boys...
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2018, 01:52:19 AM »

Always remember the first rule indeed!

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2018, 08:24:05 AM »

heheh.

Yeah, that point i could kinda feel he was getting burned out, but same time wanted to keep going, and it started to wear on him some, especially with problem players. I had hoped to get a small TT (... wow, that actually works excellent for table top cause looks like one) game going, but have figured out while i can come up with good ideas and set a scene like a boss, I kinda suck at dealing with player improvization and such.. He has been talking of running something again, and whil ei might play, gonna give him some adventure seed stuff, though as i my days off are odd with everybody else, might just see about giving him stuff to start with and idea fodder.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2018, 10:45:46 AM »

And now we are four, mwahahahahaha!

The Four Horsepeople of the Pubocalypse!

(See what I did there! Politically correct! I'm adulting hard these days!)

Again, literally laughed out loud.  There is way too much adulting in my life right now, need goofy shite to compensate. Now try and actually say Pubocalypse with out stumbling on it :D  As far as PC goes, I favor respelling everything, so instead of man the suffix is min- which means nothing and certainly isn't 'man' -  Policemin, postmin, horsemin, etc

So who are the Horsemin of the Pubocalypse? We certainly can't use the designations of members of the other equine associated quartet.... North seems to have dibsed 'Drunk' in a roundabout way, so he can be the D guy. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:51:48 AM by Zone »
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2018, 04:22:18 AM »

... right now, I miss Apoc ...

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2018, 06:40:02 AM »

Gabriel.  I have never since gotten to abuse anyone so amusingly.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2018, 10:30:09 AM »

Gabe was a friendly target indeed!

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2018, 11:31:51 AM »

And now we are four, mwahahahahaha!

The Four Horsepeople of the Pubocalypse!

(See what I did there! Politically correct! I'm adulting hard these days!)

Again, literally laughed out loud.  There is way too much adulting in my life right now, need goofy shite to compensate. Now try and actually say Pubocalypse with out stumbling on it :D  As far as PC goes, I favor respelling everything, so instead of man the suffix is min- which means nothing and certainly isn't 'man' -  Policemin, postmin, horsemin, etc

So who are the Horsemin of the Pubocalypse? We certainly can't use the designations of members of the other equine associated quartet.... North seems to have dibsed 'Drunk' in a roundabout way, so he can be the D guy. 

Must... Resis-

Bow-Chika-Wow-Wow!!

Damn it... Oh well.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2018, 11:33:44 PM »

Hey guys, just wanna say happy thanksgiving! Enjoy that soy-turkey!!

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2018, 09:07:34 AM »

Came on to do the same. Despite all the adverts out there, it is NOT Black Friday weekend, it is THANKSGIVING and I think a tiny little acknowledgement and friendly wish is in order. Have a bug free day gentlemen; felicitations.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2018, 03:13:56 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving UCASians. (And the CAS I guess?)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2019, 08:25:03 AM »

Wow, first post of 2019, really?  Where's my pointy stick?

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2019, 10:22:49 AM »

Right over there, next to the spanner and the lead pipe?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7414 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.