Shadowrun Pub

• April 29, 2024, 08:39:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pub will not die without a fight.  (Read 9721 times)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
Re: The Pub will not die without a fight.
« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2022, 11:35:18 AM »

Well, except for yer basic ice dragon. We can make you a sweet deal on a used dragon, purty much ev'ry one's tired of the icy buggers. They come in white and...well white.
 I mean, c'mon I'm sitting here in my office wearing fuzzy socks had and a freakin snuggie - how's that for image?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 11:39:40 AM by Zone »
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #391 on: February 17, 2022, 04:57:35 AM »

LOL!
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
  • Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2022, 08:28:46 PM »

I feel like you just described the Shadowrun version of Santa Claus.
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #393 on: February 23, 2022, 07:40:16 AM »

LOL, now where's that fraggin karma button, haven't bestowed any in ages....

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #394 on: March 06, 2022, 02:31:10 PM »

... friends been employing me for ideas and things in their games, which i have no objections to! Also figured id offer up one that was enjoyed for you lot to possibly use.

Game pitched for takes place in seattle/tacoma, but works for any port area roughly..

Group is approached by johnson/fixer or any group, they back a group of smugglers thats gone silent after landing in the docks where the meet was setup. They are being employed to find what happened, and hopefully recover the items or get a solid lead on where they went.

Area knowledge, asking about, or anything like that shows this dock area has a bad reputation, was formerly a meeting place for smugglers to off load goods and such, but after people started going missing, some heavily armed people, it was slowly marked off the list. Thing is even now it persists, the occasional ganger looking to hide from Heat, junkies looking to Juice, or even just the occasional homeless person looking for a dry spot just go missing..

Whennthe group does finally go the find the place a mess, large webs stuck in rafters, crunched bits of bone and armor, and just a terrible oppressive feeling in the place.

Maybe a couple fights with some para critters, and rhey make it to the warehouse as directed.  Its built right on the waterline so that things can be loaded/unloaded quickly, but is very much abandoned.

Exploring inside they find the remains of the smugglers and their gear scattered about and torn apart. Very little is viable at this point, and something powerful tore through them.

If the group has done the novel thing of say... sticking to the shadows, give them perception checks to notice the sound of something exiting and enteringbthe water, spotting the rings as it does so,  notice how the roof creaks and shifts in paths as if something is moving in it.. unless theu roll MAJORLY good, what comes should be a surprise.

When te group is in he warehouse and checking things out, from the water erupts a MASSIVE SpiderMoose bull, an absolute beast of a creature that attacks the party for a good fight (adjust stats as needed to give a good challenge). Of injured to much the creature dives back into the water to escape for a time and get the element from surprise and dropping from the rafters, or some other secret area.

For other twists, maybe another group has been hired to go into the warehouse and collect the goods. A gunfight between them and the PCs could draw the SpiMoos attention, providing a "Rescue" for the pcs if the fight is going badly, or they can lure the group to the warehouse getting them to fight the creature and weaken both sides. It could go in many different ways.

Decide loot as you wish, but i liked the idea of giving them the option to possibly  buy up/rent the area for a cheap price as its "Cursed" giving them a good discrete hiding spot they can setup as a base. Of course... they should be wary when the spider mooses eggs hatch... if they can find them...

I got the idea from reading one of the critters books, amd saw a comic by pet foolery...

America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
« Reply #395 on: March 10, 2022, 07:57:05 PM »

That is classic. Love it. Good idea as well. I know I would like to get a game going eventually but don?t know if I will. Got to find a group first then play?.
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #396 on: March 11, 2022, 05:10:14 AM »

Got to find a group first then play?.
That is the traditional solution, anyway ;)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #397 on: March 11, 2022, 12:28:30 PM »

Hehe, thats always the hard part.

Job has shifted so now gotta find a new one, which is likely to axe the two games im in, or if im lucky just one...

That said, new shadowlands auctions up! Unwiped security cards and badges! Key rubbings and broken shanks! Detailed layouts and floor plans! Which employees nd managers that nobody likes and what access they have where!

Its a shadow fire sale!!! All items must goooooo!!!!

Hahahah. Gives me idea of short story... corpo goon fires security person that nakes good money to try and pad their budget.. with a couple "corperate regulation fines" on top. Just because they can.

One of their junior managers just freezes up upon hearing this, all sycophancy gone

"YOU WHAT!?!?! They were the only reason we werent gettin runners in here wvery other weekend! Do you have any idea what knowledge and access they have on our facility, our people, EVERYTHING!!! They are a former runner who used to hit places like ours all the time, and the contacts to sell everything they know on how to get in!! If they decide not to do it themself!!!"

Whoa! Dont get your panties in a knot! If its really that bad ill send a wipe squad to take then out. Christ. You really think that one person could even hope to go against a corp our size? Sure we arent big five but what can some stupid retired gutter crawler do?

<corp goon stares in horror for a long and silent moment> "HE TRAINED THE WIPE SQUAD YOU FETHING MORON!! DID YOU NEVER REALLY NOTICE HIS "STANDARD SERVICE SIDEARM" WAS A FREAKING WALTHER ASSAULT CANNON!?!?! That... thats it. Im transfering. Immediately. And im telling the head office exactly how badly you fucked up!"

Over the speakers and local audio net, this starts to play..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TzUNti3rY
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #398 on: March 13, 2022, 05:55:26 AM »

Cute story!

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
« Reply #399 on: April 21, 2022, 07:08:05 PM »

I agree with Root.  Pretty good story!

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2022, 07:46:32 AM »

APRIL!?  you couch weasles haven't posted since April without me riding herd on you? What's up with that? Come on boys, how am I supposed to entertain myself without pubbites holding forth?  Now hold something forth dammit!

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2022, 06:39:20 AM »

Wow, it has been a while, hasn't it.

In other news, my body sucks and the medicine is expensive.
So, nothing new. :-/

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2022, 09:25:51 AM »

And I haven't seen a fixer or made a deal in a year, so yeah, the world is definitely on that last slope before the hand basket we're all riding in gets to the final destination.
 I find I keep looking for fairies at the bottom of the garden because no matter how capricious and cold they may be it's nothing to what is currently being dealt to the masses, and I want some damn wishes!
 Of course, the whole mental image of one's body sucking is pretty out there too, mate.  Makes one want to lend a rubber plug or something.

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
« Reply #403 on: May 13, 2022, 07:52:17 PM »

It?s funny as I was thinking the same. I kept seeing that I was the last message so just keep waiting. But finally someone posted so I could again too!

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #404 on: May 14, 2022, 01:30:51 AM »

That sounds awfully familiar...

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7415 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 18 queries.