Shadowrun Pub

• April 29, 2024, 06:01:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pub will not die without a fight.  (Read 9697 times)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
Re: The Pub will not die without a fight.
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2022, 01:30:29 PM »

As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #406 on: May 14, 2022, 02:51:22 PM »

LOL!

... not sure it'll work that way ... ;)
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2022, 09:24:13 PM »

hurgh.

april, march, and may gone busy for me. finished move nad new job ans was getting into swing of things, last week while going into work bike skid out from under me and broke my wrist in the fall. and as i wass still in probational stage of new job... well, cant wait the 6 weeks, at best, for recovery for me. so had to let me go, though said would happily rehire if spot open and im healed.

kinda helps as surgery to pin wrist back togethers gonna be 60k on top of er visit. no job means can try for medicaid and financial assist, which might wipe cost completely.

thankfully roomie is awesome, and fine to cover rent as still helping keep place clean and cooking. family offering to help how they can as well. mostly right now really want a pizza, or good pho, my arm to stop aching, and be able to get more then 2-3 hours of sleep...

hope things going better for the rest of you!!
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #408 on: May 18, 2022, 08:03:19 AM »

sorry, guy, that sucks.  if it makes you feel in company one of my boyz has been going through shite hip deep, too,  his car crapped out, so he lost his job that he could not get to, got his bike up and running then 3 months later the tire blew and he can't afford a new one, that's ok though, because two days later a van stopped in front of his place tossed his bike in the back and drove off with it (at least it didn't have a new tire on it), police report and lower than expected blue book on the bike, so back to the car the papers for which  are now 3 months behind - and today he's in court for driving a car with an expired registration. We're all praying he gets out of there without a contempt charge or something, because there's no indicator his crap slide is over or not.

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
  • Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2022, 07:48:31 PM »

I will say that I appreciate where I am in life. Can always complain but really got no reason. Will just be thankful that I?m breathing another day and can still run the shadows.
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #410 on: May 24, 2022, 04:27:46 PM »

update:

surgery went fine, wasnt as bad as they expected.

that said as i got 2 paychecks in may, one technically from previous month, i cant get medicaid, so get the whole bill unless hospitals help me on the financial assistance.

im... so damn tired. just feel so damn worn out and like there isnt a thing i can do.

not trying to do anything fancy, just start a life. decent apartment with room mate, stable job so can pay my expenses. Just Live.

though now i get why people go to the shadows with such big chips, and guns.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #411 on: May 26, 2022, 08:25:59 AM »

Dude, I get it, and we're all in the same boat.  I'm glad you are on the road to recovery, that's really the most important thing. And the rest of the shit - we're all swimming in it, trust me, things haven't been rosy for a long while. If we could just have some damn grownups in charge, that might help, but the ass hats out there right now are just making things worse. I know I'm looking for signs of the Weimar Republic redux, Fahrenheit 541, and 1984 all rolled into one soul crushing future, because that's what they seem to be angling for.  But wait, I was supposed to be cheering you up...ummm...
http://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/food-drink-chicken_soup-chickens-costumes-remedies-soups-dren715_low.jpg
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:34:07 AM by Zone »

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #412 on: May 26, 2022, 08:41:02 AM »

update:

that said as i got 2 paychecks in may, one technically from previous month, i cant get medicaid, so get the whole bill unless hospitals help me on the financial assistance.

yay for the US system?

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #413 on: May 26, 2022, 10:14:07 PM »

Dude, I get it, and we're all in the same boat.  I'm glad you are on the road to recovery, that's really the most important thing. And the rest of the shit - we're all swimming in it, trust me, things haven't been rosy for a long while. If we could just have some damn grownups in charge, that might help, but the ass hats out there right now are just making things worse. I know I'm looking for signs of the Weimar Republic redux, Fahrenheit 541, and 1984 all rolled into one soul crushing future, because that's what they seem to be angling for.  But wait, I was supposed to be cheering you up...ummm...
http://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/food-drink-chicken_soup-chickens-costumes-remedies-soups-dren715_low.jpg

update:

yay for the US system?

Hehe, i dig it, sorry for getting so dour, but yeah. Everything is rather... yeah.

Some good news, got the bill, for er and surgery stuff it comes out to 5000. Not great but much better then predicted. Hospitalsaid should be no problem with financial assist. And healing well so should be able to get working again soon.

Iffn you guys need, can catch me on discord under TheKindlyOnes#2297. Always happy to chat and listen! Us Pubbers gotta stick together!!

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #414 on: May 27, 2022, 07:34:03 AM »

Don't worry about sour - it's real life, sometimes it sucks.

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #415 on: June 09, 2022, 10:37:12 PM »

Iffn you guys need, can catch me on discord under TheKindlyOnes#2297. Always happy to chat and listen! Us Pubbers gotta stick together!!

Code: [Select]
TheKindlyOnes#2297 is not accepting friend requests. They'll have to add you to become friends.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #416 on: June 10, 2022, 08:10:05 AM »

Look, guys it's Ingo!

Wow, I feel just like a birdwatcher who has spotted the rare Blue Eyed Ground Dove.

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #417 on: June 11, 2022, 01:36:27 AM »

Look, guys it's Ingo!

Wow, I feel just like a birdwatcher who has spotted the rare Blue Eyed Ground Dove.

Forever a lurker  ;)

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #418 on: June 11, 2022, 05:02:56 AM »

Look, guys it's Ingo!

Seconded!

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #419 on: June 13, 2022, 07:21:47 PM »

Code: [Select]
TheKindlyOnes#2297 is not accepting friend requests. They'll have to add you to become friends.

Crap!!! i had that set cause i kept getting scammers and people trying to friend me!! sorry bout that, should work now!!

hope you lot are doing well! im still healing, but doing better, got one of those fancy gaming keypads from razor for cheap which lets me get good exercise and flexing on fingers rather than just keeping squeezing one of those hand springs. and lets me vid game!! other work out is cleaned out milk jug i fill with varying amounts of water to lift and shift, works fairly well.

other news friend and i have gotten into SLA Industries RPG, where humanity is in far future on planet run by huge megacorp.. and as a change you play the corpo goons. its kinda interesting and we are trying to work out some shared gm thing to take turns so everybody can play and run. though we have very different styles soo... yeah.

hope all you guys are doing well and taking care!!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7409 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.