Shadowrun RPG > SR5 (Shadowrun 5th Edition) General Discussion

Differences between Editions

<< < (3/7) > >>

APOCALYPSE:
Makes sense what you are saying. Sounds like someone got excited to add something but didn’t think it through especially with wireless versus wired. What about magic? Any differences there?
Does sixth edition fix this at all?

When I get to the point then may have to make my own rule modifiers....

ROOTless:

--- Quote from: APOCALYPSE on February 26, 2021, 06:28:45 PM ---Hopefully she drops back in as wouldn’t mind to hear her thoughts.

--- End quote ---
Seconded.

ROOTless:

--- Quote from: Capt_North on February 27, 2021, 01:43:38 AM ---Its just dumb and badly written. Why would wireless make it so you can do all these things as free actions, but being wired you cant? Its not like wifi is faster.

--- End quote ---
I understand the parallels to phones and all that. But we've been digging control chips out of vehicles since 2nd/3rd edition. If I was taking my gun out for absolutely any type of black op, I'd turn off the wireless before I left home. Both to not broadcast my location constantly, but also to keep it from going BSoD from some silly update in the middle of a gunfight.

Silly.

Capt_North:

--- Quote from: ROOTless on February 27, 2021, 05:15:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: Capt_North on February 27, 2021, 01:43:38 AM ---Its just dumb and badly written. Why would wireless make it so you can do all these things as free actions, but being wired you cant? Its not like wifi is faster.

--- End quote ---
I understand the parallels to phones and all that. But we've been digging control chips out of vehicles since 2nd/3rd edition. If I was taking my gun out for absolutely any type of black op, I'd turn off the wireless before I left home. Both to not broadcast my location constantly, but also to keep it from going BSoD from some silly update in the middle of a gunfight.

Silly.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, cept now its not just your gun, but your arm being controlled wirelessly. So less you just want them to hang limp at your sides while your running around..

granted its suppose to be a VERY short range network thing, i've heard between like 20 yards and 3 feet being the range someone has to be to hack you... but still. it just feels like it was jammed in to try and push something. They could ahve easily given the option of a wired one that has a higher essence cost, but better security while still having those same options, and wireless, which has a good deal lower essence, but those security holes (maybe even some extra options like quick connect, dont need to buy a palmpad for your smartgun as its already connecting wirelessly)

APOCALYPSE:
The more I hear the more it sounds like some special mods are needed now especially to compensate for these issues.

And changes in magic? Or still the same?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version