Shadowrun RPG > SR5 (Shadowrun 5th Edition) General Discussion

Differences between Editions

<< < (7/7)

ROOTless:

--- Quote from: Ingo Monk on March 09, 2021, 10:43:39 PM ---In SR3 they did away with this calculated dice pool model, dice pools were just stat + skill IIRC. There was still adjusting target numbers but the system was more straightforward than SR2.

--- End quote ---
Nope, that was 4th edition. 3rd edition was mostly a cleaned-up version of 2nd. I have the book on the table next to me ;)

APOCALYPSE:
Makes sense what you are saying. I’m starting to read 2nd edition and think I’m going to buy 6th edition just so I can read through it. Would like to compare to really see the differences. So will keep all posted as I do this. I like to read so hoping at least if the 6th rules are drek then at least down good background or information on the 2080 world.

I got an insert with the crossfire game that we bought which has a very condensed summary over from the beginning to 2080. I saw something about personalities changes completely and suddenly potentially linked to a lab-driven virus or similar. This seemed interesting so am curious what this is and hopefully a little detail explained in the new book.
Would be nice to sort of build a history from the past to the current to connect this if I ever get an actual game going.

APOCALYPSE:
Ok. I have officially purchased a 2nd and 6th edition.
Let my research commence!
I’ll keep you posted as I read.

ROOTless:
Good luck!
and enjoy :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version