Shadowrun RPG > SR5 (Shadowrun 5th Edition) General Discussion

Differences between Editions

<< < (2/7) > >>

ROOTless:
Zone was here a lot until recently.

APOCALYPSE:
Hopefully she drops back in as wouldn’t mind to hear her thoughts.

Capt_North:
Ha! Look what the cat dragged back in!!! Welcome back ya old dragon!!

Sadly, my shadowrun esition knowledge is fairly limited. Ive found i like 5th,, seems to flow smoothly, and disliked 4th, felt rather jank.

Though one game i almost joined the gm was hesitant to go from 4th to 5th, but then jumped full hearted after a couple games, and shes a pretty big SR fan. Havent heard much about 6th, aside from the little starter thing got a right paddling.

APOCALYPSE:
Hey Capt’n

Good to hear another familiar voice.
Good to hear the comments as I’m really starting fresh so got a lot to catch up on but looking forward to it.
I’m starting back with second edition as just need to remember things first. Even old age catches up with a dragon.

Capt_North:
Yup. All ive heard is 3rds 2 with a fresh paint job and new radio. 5th fixes things up pretty well as well.

... 4th.. eeehhh. They introduced wireless and pushed a lot of ideas i still find stupid, like to trigger spurs as a free action it has to be a wireless connection... cause evidently before having it plugged directly to your nervous system didnt work. Its small stuff that just doesnt make sense to me but is pushed cause someone got a bug spirit up their ass about wireless.

This does continue into 5th, but carries same issues still. It doesnt even fix anything. Youd expect wireless mods to cost less essence as they dont have to dig through your body as much... but essence cost is still the same. Smartguns now get constant weather updates and all to help adjust for windage and such, but give the same bonus as wired, not counting options of dropping mag wirelessly, firing mode selection, ect...

But it also comes with the threat of getting hacked. Now guys can make your smartgun spaz out, eject mag, throw off aim major, and if you have a triggerless mod start firing randomly.

Its just dumb and badly written. Why would wireless make it so you can do all these things as free actions, but being wired you cant? Its not like wifi is faster.

Anyways. Thats my big grump with current stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version