Shadowrun Pub

• April 26, 2024, 05:41:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 3179 times)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
Re: Video Games
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2023, 11:24:06 AM »

thoughts on broken steel? Its the one i never actually really got to play... Well. that and Pitt

Finished. But then you don't really, although the orbital strike you initiate to take out the Enclave is very cool - I recommend finishing in the evening hours for a better view.  Once the main base is gone, you just fly back (yes, you get to to ride in a vertibird) and report, and things go back to what they were, but with no real goals. You are free to wander and shoot stuff, but the only goals are very minor. Once you are done, you're pretty much at loose ends - which is where the what should be available stuff, like establishing a home base of your own somewhere (I'd opt for the barber shop in Cantebury Commons) where the Wasteland's scariest merc can go to retire, should come in. And just for visuals, my character took small frame and agility so basically a tiny, quick woman - with enhanced strength - took out all the raiders, half the death claws, and the big bad paramilitary group, with just a dog, some pulse grenades, and a tesla cannon.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 08:18:52 AM by Zone »
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2023, 04:32:33 PM »

Woo! Happy ending!!!

So what are your plans now?

Gotta.admit there is a part of me tempted to try 76 again some...
Though really wish they would clean up the grind and fix that stupid "everything jumps to your level exactly" as it screws you over when you need to go scav older places for junk to build new weapons and armor come level up.

Should have done it so each area has a max level cap.
Starter area the highest level gribblies and such will hit is like 10-15, so when you go back its not just full of overpowered beasts your old gear is now underleveled to fight..
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2023, 08:22:37 AM »

I haven't heard much good about the mechanics of 76, and I recently gifted #4 to someone who actually has a PS4 (I don't) and told him I want reviews - the guy at the shop with whom I have a very good relationship and who considers himself my gaming guru, told me its the most 1st-persony of all the Fallout franchise, something I'm only just now getting used to in small doses.

Oh, and your attached video is freaking me out :D

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2023, 05:49:43 PM »

Hahaha, randowis, makes some great comics and little animations, though slowed down recent years.

And 76 is... problematic.
Its a big part Fall4 in style and engine, but leveling is... meh.
When you level up you dont get to pick perks from a list, you get a bunch of random "perk cards" you can equip about. And they sre given randomly. So while you want to play a tech heavy gunner with light armor, you might get cards that are only useful for trading. Its... annoying.
Further add in gear.
Rather then crafting one gun and a set of armor, then slowly upgrading it as you level, you make a gun at level 5. And at level 10. And 15, 20, 25...
And each level the gun costs more anf more to make, and when recycling your old gun you get almost nothing back. And the mods and attachments have to be recrafted as well.

So your ALWAYS struggling to find parts to do building with, most places are picked clean and your just praying you catch it on the respawn.

But a new thing they did is make it so enemies are always your level. So you hit level 30 and need to renew all your gear, cept there are no easy scav spots as everything is matching your level, but your weapons are underpowered...
This is an improvement as it used to be the game would spawn slightly lower enemies in earlier areas while you scaved...

Which sucked for everybody else as while your level 5, you might get swarmed by 6-7 level 90 ghouls because a level 90 guy was in the area. So youd be screwwed.

Now its "scaled" so the deathclaw that spawns in shows as level 5 for you, but for the level 90 it shows as level 90. You can both fight it, and do about the same damage roughly.

There are ways it could be fixed, but last i played it screwwed balance a lot.

Thst said, actual gameplay, story, enemies, all of that, were excellent and would have made an awesome single player game. Which is were it gets fucky again.

You can buynthe game and not have to pay a subscription....

Unless you want your own solo world where only you and your friends can explore about. That costs about 12 bucks a month.

Thats right. In the mmorpg , you only pay once to play online... but have to have a paid subscription to play solo.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2023, 12:33:36 PM »

Gotta find something else to play while the laundry is in - could go back a do a really thorough skyrim run...or not.  I'll go through the box of misfit games and see what's there.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2023, 02:37:52 PM »

Yeah, im currently trying to find something thats piqued my interest...
Was trying just a randorun of fall4 with the realistic weapons mod...

Cept the weapons are only realistic on me. And by realistoc i mean their effect on me. Usually killed in one 9mm shot, even if wearing heavy combat armor. Where as the enemies in junk raider armor can tank 7.62x51 like its airsoft.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7373 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.