Shadowrun Pub

• March 28, 2024, 10:01:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: History  (Read 42909 times)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
History
« on: January 16, 2005, 12:27:42 PM »

Egyptian Timeline

*  1998 - August, Bombings in Africa prompt U.S. retaliation. Anti U.S. sentiment spreads through out Africa and the Middle East.
*   1999 - Muslim Extremists begin terrorist bombings at U. S embassies. Tension rises. Egypt defies this and assists the U. S. by cracking down on all radicals within Egyptian soil. Martial Law is declared after popular support drops.
*   2005 - Suez Canal is captured by terrorists. Shipping is cut is cut off from The Med and the Red Sea. Joint operations with U. S. and Egyptian forces retake the canal, however parts of the canal are destroyed. Rebuilding begins.
*   2009 - Dams along the Nile are hit with high explosives, flooding many parts of the Nile Valley. President Saban vows to bring the terrorists to justice, having press gangs spread through the cities. Rebuilding of the Suez Canal is almost complete.
*  2010 - President Saban is assassinated. President Hassan takes over. He revokes freedom of the press as well as public meetings. A strict curfew is enforced. Thousands are arrested. Corporations begin to put their legs down in Egyptian soil.
*   2014 - Saeder Krup offices are bombed. Several whole villages disappear. 5 bodies of Hammas leaders are found hanging in Cairo. Martial Law is repealed, new Egyptian Secret Police are formed.
*   2015 - Several African nations begin to organize. Treaties are signed, some tribes merge to form larger ones. Once again, the Zulu’s wage war in Central and Southern Africa.
*   2016 – Egypt Bombs Tripoli in response to Libya’s build up of forces along the Egyptian border. War between Egypt and Libya begins.
*   2018 - Omar Khadafi is killed by Egyptian Special Forces team. Egypt annexes part of Libya. World Popular support for Egypt begins to drop, however domestic popular support rises to all new levels. Borders are closed to all tourists for a brief period of time.
*  2019 - Revolt in occupied Libya occurs. It is put down quickly and violently. African incursions from Ethiopia are repelled.
*    New power is gained by African shamans, who begin to push foreigners out. Any who stay are wiped out.
*   2022 - Egyptian artifacts begin to “disappear” from foreign museums. Spirits and high magic are detected near the Giza Pyramids as well as the Valley of the Kings. Tourists are attacked by paranormals. Pyramid area is quarantined since attacks only take place around them. Sphinx’s eyes are rumored to glow by eyewitnesses.
*   2023 - Rumors of the Cult of Ra begin. Shamans and mages are hired to repel the new Spirit invasion. A magical barrier is placed around the pyramids, and the spirits appear to be contained. “Archaeological” teams begin to search Egypt and other countries for lost cities.
*   2028 - Sub-Saharan Tribes invade Egypt, Libya, and other Muslim nations. Mercenaries are hired out to help fight. The Egyptian black markets begins in Alexandria. Corporations assist in the combat for certain concessions. Egyptian Organized crime spreads.
*   2029 - Border wars with Sub- Saharan African Tribes abate. Treasure hunters’ report of gold in the pyramids as well as in other tombs, as well as sacrifices. Mysterious Oases appear in the desert. Some hunters return mad.
*  2029 - Peace has prevailed for a time. Small skrimishes are fought with the Tribes and Libya. Algeria and Libya try to annex Tunisia. The Arab nations armed with new mystic warriors mobilize their armies on Israel’s borders. War with Israel seems imminent.
*  2030 - Most Arab nations attempt to invade Israel. Egypt refrains from this Invasion, earning it the scorn from other Arab nations. The Arabs are defeated in less than 18 days. Most of the attacking forces were wiped out by a secret Israeli weapon, though no one could report exactly what it was.
*   2031 - Tunisia conquered by Algeria. Libya backs off but keeps all of its borders heavily guarded.
*   2032 - War returns as the Sub-Saharan Tribes attempt to invade again. New Paranormal Animals are used this time, including Elephants, Rhinoceros, and Lions. New Technology vs. the Magic ends in a stalemate. Guerrilla tactics ensue. Mercenary hiring reaches an all time high.
*   2035 - War again abates. There is relative peace in the region.
*   2039 - Night of Rage ravages the world. Many metahumans and humans are killed in the holocaust. Libya uses this night to invade Egypt, attempting to retake the annexed lands. Libya is repelled.
*   2045 - The Egyptian government hires mercenary units to scout into Tribe held lands. Magical Background count begins to rise at Giza.
*   2047 - Glowing “Sun” appears over Giza Pyramids, visible for miles around. Spirits are visible in the area.
*  2050 - Sub-Saharan Tribes renew their attack, invading again. However, new pieces of technology have been added to their arsenals, as well as new tactics. Egyptian military is hard pressed.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 12:38:05 PM by Zone »
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

Fortune

• Grumpy Old Shadowrunner
  • Runner
  • Sensitive New Age Bastard!
Re:History
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 02:20:55 PM »

* 2046 - In the Libyan desert, Egypt, two corporations get wind of a top-secret weapons lab that managed to avoid detection by both Israel and the United Nations. Both corporations send in strike teams to acquire the base and end up in conflict with each other. The conflict turns into an all-out battle which is covered by the media. The broadcast receives worldwide interest and the Corporate Court, realizing that they have a potentially lucrative product in broadcasting wars between corporate forces, cuts a deal with the Egyptian Government for long-term use of the Libyan Desert as a training ground for corporate security personnel. The broadcast becomes an annual event called Desert Wars with "skirmishes" staged at other times of the year and training exercises going on almost all the time. (Target: Wastelands)

* 2061 - In Cairo, Egypt, Islamic mullahs, who normally hold significant sway over the local population, begin to mobilize for the Islamic Unity Movement. As a result, the city of Cairo quickly becomes a refuge for secular Arabs and Middle Easterners who don’t agree with Islamic Unity Movement policies. (Sprawl Survival Guide)

* 2062 - In Egypt, magical phenomena including the appearance of ancient Egyptian buildings and spirits in the form of Egyptian gods causes a surge of people joining Egyptian religious revivalist cults. In addition. People claiming to be reincarnations of ancient Egyptians make themselves known. They appear to have unprecedented knowledge of ancient Egyptian culture, language, and history. (Target: Awakened Lands)

Chance favors the prepared mind!

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 05:17:50 PM »

What about Aden? The new Islamic Jihad?

-Kid Vid
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Fortune

• Runner
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 08:54:21 PM »

That isn't specifically Egypt, but Iraq and Iran.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 02:05:24 AM »

You're not telling me that Aden taking out all of those cities didn't affect the Islamic Jihad (which had repercussions in Egypt), and that the political climate of the middle east didn't affect the Nile Country at all.

What about it? What is the timeline, and what were the affects?

-Kid Vid
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
  • Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 03:11:21 AM »

So, why did this thread come about? Was there talk in another thread? No big deal, I was just curious why Zone posted a history of Egypt, etc. suddenly.
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

Fortune

• Runner
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 03:39:16 AM »

You're not telling me that Aden taking out all of those cities didn't affect the Islamic Jihad (which had repercussions in Egypt), and that the political climate of the middle east didn't affect the Nile Country at all.

What about it? What is the timeline, and what were the affects?

All what cities?

Aden took out one city ... Tehran ... in 2020.

If you want to know more about the timeline in Shadowrun, I suggest you check the Shadowrun Timeline.

There's also the Shadowrun Wiki for collected OOC info on Shadowrun.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 11:51:34 AM »

Zone posted all the stuff Zone posted yesterday because Zone was cleaning out old files.  This was something I had and posted it for no other reason than someone might find it interesting.  It don't have to be Gospel if you don't want it to be.  For all I know I took it off someone's homegrown SR sight lo these many moons ago.

Fortune

• Runner
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 11:57:51 AM »

It is from a private site. The only official timeline entries specifically for Egypt are the ones I listed (as far as I know).

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 12:02:16 PM »

I've got a link to Shadowrun Boston too:
http://www.urbin.net/EWW/RPG/SV/SRUN/BOSTON/boston.html

Fortune

• Runner
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 12:42:28 PM »

There's quite a few out there. Take a look at the (badly in need of updating) list of locations on my web page. Quite a few that are listed as down are now up again, and vice versa though.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 08:11:19 AM »

*SHRUG* i thought it was cool... i may have my runners pulling something out of egypt soon...

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 01:02:17 PM »

I believe I originally dug out the Egyptian info because Irish (of the late lamented Once Upon a Time story) had a ex-supermodel cousin who was an elf of Irish/Egyptian stock.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 02:03:39 PM »

hmm... that would be a cute mix...

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2005, 01:59:50 PM »

Cute doesn't cover it ... in fact she'd probably hit you with a libel suit for that  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7094 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 18 queries.