Shadowrun Pub

• May 02, 2024, 09:37:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down

Author Topic: History  (Read 42973 times)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Re:History
« Reply #465 on: February 06, 2006, 10:23:46 AM »

Good point. Maybe the programs are just running without a cut-off comand?

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #466 on: February 06, 2006, 10:40:19 AM »

one way of explaining away the freakyness of it anyhew.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #467 on: February 06, 2006, 09:05:05 PM »

As I recall, the Daemons aren't programmed by any respect, but rather they are ideas memorized by the Otaku and then "enacted" on a system. So you couldn't ask an Otaku for a "copy" of his Daemon because the intrinsic nature of spending Karma on its creation makes it unique, "Named" if you will. You could say that Sprites and Daemons are like spells, but if they were, they would just disappear, so rather, they are like Ally spirits and go "free" when the Otaku that created them dies. If you ask any mage who has an Ally spirit, they'll tell you that they grow and learn just as well as any other critter around.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #468 on: February 07, 2006, 07:50:52 AM »

And see there, yet another reason I hate Otaku.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #469 on: February 07, 2006, 07:58:21 AM »

Well, even if the original program is 'written' in the otaku's mind, it has to run and interact with the computers arround it. so it could 'run' in resident memory for any of the machines it was standing in.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #470 on: February 07, 2006, 01:43:43 PM »

Touche'

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #471 on: February 07, 2006, 02:24:12 PM »

Then again, most programs have 'a job' to do... and all the reports or whatnot would be going back to the dead otaku... not that he/she would be doing much with them.

another otaku could probibly capture and copy the sprite if they had enough karma and a sleeze program good enough...

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #472 on: February 08, 2006, 05:35:19 PM »

I'm not so sure about that. I always figured that the Otakus Complex Forms and such were stored inside their Living Persona, and since Living Personas have an effective bandwidth of 0 they don't use active memory, the sprites are more like little clones of their Living Persona. I mean, try asking an Otaku if you can borrow one of their channels.

With the way the Otaku talk, you'd think that it was just like Astral space, all talkin' about Resonance Flows and such. Sounds a lot like background count. It all sounds too much like magic to be anything else, really. It's more about will and action than lines of code and algorithms. Things happen because the Otaku will it to happen.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #473 on: February 09, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

but it works in an enviroment ruled by numbers.
an otaku can't 'will' a dataflow to go the other dirrection.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #474 on: February 10, 2006, 04:48:01 PM »

Ah, therein lies the trouble. You've got a will that writes the numbers for them, and abilities that are developed by Karma and not code. So in reality, the nature of data-flows can be altered by these abilities. Observe how Pax and the Dissonant Voices re-sculptured all those systems to create Dissonance pools.

Consider if you will, what all this data moving around represents in a metaphysical sense. You've got ideals, sociology, emotions, raw economics, objects and articles that represent entirely physical things. All of these things are Karma, and where Karma is spent so do spirits grow and form, regardless of their form. Take a deed for a large condominium, that deed, despite the fact that it exists as data still represents the posession of the condominium, thusly the deed is linked in a metaphysical sense to the condominium, so by the nature of these metaphysical links, as the importance of the condo grows, so does bond between the two articles, sending more Karma or mana into the system. You take enough of these links and you'll notice that such a great accumulation of ideas and thoughts make the system into something which it was never intended to be, sapient.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #475 on: February 13, 2006, 06:08:06 AM »

But cyberspace is NOT REAL! In no sense is cyberspace a place. It is all just a representation of dat within the brain of the user. It has niether form, nor substance. It is less real than Astral Space. It is a GUI. That's all cyberspace is. That's all it ever was.

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #476 on: February 13, 2006, 08:17:24 AM »

So, any spirits that apear there... woulc be more manifestations in the human mind, where the images are formed... our own skulls would have to be the haunting grounds for spirits...

and the data, only has meaning to thoes who care about it.
encrypted, it would be like it's true name was re-writen to mean gobeldeegook.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #477 on: February 13, 2006, 09:44:41 AM »

Just trying to make a point.

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #478 on: February 13, 2006, 09:53:30 AM »

and I agree with your point!

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #479 on: February 13, 2006, 11:59:29 AM »

YOU BETTER!!!! ;)

Gabriel
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7505 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 18 queries.