Shadowrun Pub

• April 19, 2024, 08:17:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Back to the Shack  (Read 15723 times)

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
Re:Back to the Shack
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 04:52:52 PM »

/OOC

Would I have time to get into the bathroom before we roll initiative?  How badly do I need to go?

/OOC

You are at the door to the restroom, it's at the back of the store, you could probibly unlock it as a free action, but you don't think you'd be able to open it and get inside... probibly take them awhile to get to the back of the store though, if you wanted to lock yourself in... as far as how bad you have to go... it wasn't SUPER urgent, and the adrenaline is helping you ignore it, but afterwards you are going to have to go bad.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 08:41:10 AM by Ruski »
~:poison: ~

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 05:10:04 PM »

/OOC
Okay, where am I at in the store right now? Or rather, I want to assess the situation around the Big Surge.
/OOC

You are in the middle of the store, checking out the waffle wafers, you have an armload of stuff, and smell like the pudget sound. you are short enough that if they see anything, it'll just be the top of your head (but they do have a height advantage, and can easily see over the tops of the shelves) the orc lady with her two kids is one isle deeper into the store than you are, and has a look of 'deer in headlights', near the back of the store is the nicely dressed elf guy, and there's a guy at the front counter about to order something.  the large orc with the 'club' is flanked by four guys, and there are more of them outside waiting to come in and ransack the place.

Oh, and you see the flavor wafers you were looking for, they are hidden behind a bag of the plad flavored ones.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 08:47:36 AM by Ruski »
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Number Six

• Fish
  • Who is number one?
    • DJ Snugglebunny - Pseudo Mp3 Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 08:37:38 AM »

Trouble. Follows me everywhere.

/OOC

Can I assume the counter is also 5' tall? Anything special about the layout behind the counter?

To the elf girl, under my breath:

/OOC

"Relax. You wanna get through this?"

The counter is a little shorter, arround the 4' mark. the girl's eyes are about the size of plates, she looks from the orc to you, and gives you the slightest little nod that she can mannage while remaining perfectly still.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 08:49:31 AM by Ruski »
It never occurs to me
To ask anybody what I'm doing here

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2005, 08:59:05 AM »

(OOC) Okay, with everyone in the same room like this i'm going to let you roll your own inititive and attack dice. we'll keep this on the honor system (although your fellow PC's may say something if you always roll all 6's) i'll be in charge of rolling resistance for the baddies (/OOC)

<New Inititive Pass> <Badguys go on pass 8>

Roll your inititive and state your actions, allong with dice rolls (and drain resistance, where applicable)
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Number Six

• Fish
  • Who is number one?
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 09:07:41 AM »

/OOC

You can delete this post after if you want.... is this just for combat? What about skill rolls and such?

/OOC

[OOC) Nah, i'll leave it here, it's good information for everyone to have. for skill rolls i'll take care of it, but for the sake of keeping combat flowing i wanted to speed up the process of
1) i roll inititive,
2) you state your actions,
3) i roll to hit dammage
4) you state the rest of your actions
5) i roll for thoes actions

taking an entire week for a single action sequence down to

1) you roll inititive, declare your actions and roll the aproprate dice,
2) i calculate the result, declare what you see happen, and move on to the next pass.

so we should be able to get through at least six seconds or so in the next week, instead of the 1.5 seconds it would probibly take us to do the same amount of work.

Also, i wanted to thank you guys for your dilagance in posting, hitting this up every day makes it much easyer to keep it rolling (although i'm sure the novelty will wear off after awhile for you guys) but for now, it's good.

(/OOC)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 09:18:32 AM by Ruski »
It never occurs to me

Number Six

• Fish
  • Who is number one?
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005, 09:33:13 AM »

/OOC

Okay, correct my combat rules if I screw them up...

Reaction: 5 + 1D6 (6 ... great, I look like a cheater...) = 11

/OOC

I hope these orks aren't dumb enough to blow away the register they want so bad...

/OOC

My action on first pass would be to try and make a dive/push myself over the counter, attempting to grab the cashier and drag her to the ground with me. (Athletics check?)

/OOC

Okay, You dive over the counter and grab the girl behind the counter and press her down out of the line of sight of the mob. you are mostly on top of her, and she's not doing much other than trembling at this point.

You get another action before the end of Combat at pass <1>

« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 03:16:12 PM by Ruski »
It never occurs to me

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2005, 03:47:01 PM »

/OOC
Okay, Initiative is a roll of 3, plus 4 for my Reaction.
Never got to declare my free action (unless looking around was it) I'm going to put 3 Spell Defense Dice on myself and if it's allowed, ditch the goodies while ducking.
For my first complex action I'm gonna whip up a force 2 Hearth Spirit. That's 4 Conjuring dice against a target number of 2. Drain is against  2L with 4 Charisma Dice.
Roll is:
08 07 05 01 #D:4 TN:2 HR:8 S:3
3 Successes
Drain Roll is:
04 03 03 02 #D:4 TN:2 HR:4 S:4
No Drain
/OOC

Gecko help me... Come on little dude! You gotta defend your home!

You are showered by bits of broken sunglasses as the ground begins to rumble and you hear a voice answering your call...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 03:08:02 PM by Ruski »
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2005, 03:29:03 AM »

/OOC
Initiative roll: 4+4+4+4
Initiative = 11 + 16 = 27

I'm going to duck down below the level of the shelves and make my way around to a position where I can see the counter but still hide behind the shelf.  I'll keep my eyes open to see if there is anything throwable or explosive on the shelves as I do this.

/OOC

Okay, you duck down before they even get a chance to realise that you are there. you work your way to the front of the store, keeping low behind the shelves. as far as explosives go, there are some safe and sane fireworks, and many a bottle of distilled spirits that'll work well for that purpouse on your way

You get to go twice again: on pass <17>, and then again on <7>
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 03:17:29 PM by Ruski »

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2005, 03:06:46 PM »

Okay, as the Ork Finishes Yelling the Stuffer Shack bursts into a furry of motion!

The Elf Girl behind the counter is tackled to the ground behind the register, the Orc Lady with her kids starts screaming at the top of her lungs, and half the store ducks down behind the shelves.

this seems to anger the Orc Group greatly, and to express his frustration, he swings his large club into the stand next to him while yelling, sending sunglasses (all in bad repair) and shelving all over the floor in what must have been a spectacular explosion of plastic, had anyone been looking at it when it happened. it does serve as a sort of signal for thoes outiside the shack, as they start cheering and moving toward the door.
6 X 9 = 42

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2005, 12:12:03 AM »

Cool, I'll grab some fireworks on my way to the corner.
/OOC
Do they have a self-lighting mechanism or would I have to jury-rig something?

How many gangers are there?  Are they standing in a group?  If so I'll try to lob a heap of lit fireworks at them, seeing as how the innocents are now all out of the way.
/OOC

You must have thease confused with 'cool' fireworks. the safe and sane fireworks are sparkless, smokeless, and mostly quiet versions of real fireworks. they do have a self-lighting pullstring though. perhaps they'd do something cool if you threw a whole bunch of them in the fire or something, but with the safty devices on thease they are going to take a complex action to light each one. although, as fortune would have it, you happen to be honkered down right by the zippo display. so an alternate way of lighting them is probibly available. or perhaps you can get over to the microwave... that would probibly be cool...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 08:06:43 AM by Ruski »

Number Six

• Fish
  • Who is number one?
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 05:17:30 AM »

/OOC

What's behind the counter? What kind of register is it that these orks want? I mean... is it an old-school register we would know today, or does it need a key, thumbprint, DNA sample, etc, etc to open it?

The Register is a new twist on the old classic. it's got a thousand buttons, perhaps one for each product in the store, it has a chash drawer, and an attached credstick reader. there is also a display of 'blank' pre-certified credsticks on the floor next to you. probibly for returns and whatnot. Other things you notice behind the counter is a nice big red 'panicbutton' mounted on the underside of the counter.

(Fast talk?)

/OOC

"Listen to me, we don't have any time. My name is 'Paul', I'm... off-duty undercover, and I... have experience with... these type of situations. I really need your help, here. I can tell you two things: One - I just pulled you out of the line of fire, I'm not going to hurt you in any way, I swear by it. And two - no matter what happens, these orks aren't going to hurt you either, I guarantee that. So please... tell me that you're gonna help me... ?"

Mostly she just looks at you, but right when you think that she isn't going to be able to respond you get a shakey reply from a super soft voice that sounds like it's about to crack..."... okay..."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 08:12:00 AM by Ruski »
It never occurs to me

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

/OOC
Question: Zippo?

Oh I get it, as in the lighters...
/OOC

Ok, I'll rip a fuse out of one of the fireworks and stick it in a bottle of distilled spirits.  Then I'll light it and roll it towards the gangers.
I'll then proceed to light a handful of the fireworks and lob them in their general direction.

Okay, using your McGuyver skills, you rig up the fuse to a bottle of Good-Stuff(r) 200 proof distilled spirits. You discard the safty device on the fuse to the side and after lighting the fuse roll it out into the open floor, it makes a wobeling rolling sound as it moves toward the main orc. you hear a confused "...What the..." and the sound of a boot stepping on the bottle.

By that time you are already lighting your second batch of fireworks and throwing the first overhead into what must be the area that the orcs are standing.

POP!
"Hey!"
BLAMMO!
"Knock That Off!"
FizzleFizzleFizzleFizzleFizzle[/size][/color]
"Ouch! That's Hot!"
[/b]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 09:28:55 AM by Ruski »

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2005, 08:06:02 PM »

/OOC
Is there anything on the Zippo stand that would make an improvised Molotov-cocktail or a decent-sized explosion (about a meter or so)?  For example a jumbo pack of cigarettle lighters or a small butane tank?

/OOC

Well, there's not a small butane tank, but there is the butane fill station for the lighters. it's attached to an adapter that lets you re-fill your lighters if you slot your credstick or insert coins, and looks like it holds about 20 gallons of liquid butane.  
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 08:42:35 AM by Ruski »

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2005, 07:40:42 PM »

/OOC
Hmm, that seems more trouble than it's worth.  Might try MacGyvering a little later.
BTW, what weapons do I have with me?  I can't eally imagine taking my Katana to a restaurant with me, but I wouln't want to wander the street undefended against ruffians and peasants...
/OOC

At this point, i'll let you have your pick of carried gear. if you decide that you would really keep your AK close at hand, you can have it, but for the sake of RP, try to keep it to something at least remotely consilable.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 07:34:16 AM by Ruski »

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005, 07:36:45 AM »

Okay, New Init. Passes all arround (refresh Dice Pools)
Orcs: <Pass 9>
same as last time, roll, and when everyone has their pecking order down, go for it.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7325 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 19 queries.