Shadowrun Pub

• May 01, 2024, 05:54:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new in the shadows. part one.  (Read 1820 times)

taxi

new in the shadows. part one.
« on: April 01, 2005, 01:58:50 PM »

james blackhawk, a computer wiz of the smartest, hot shit, right? did not even know what he was geting into when he sighed up for a mini computer corp. Its name "Data dye" it was a job and traning was free, not that he need it, he spent most to his child hood with otaku on the street when he was not at school, it funny he did not become one him self. The corp was falling in the stock. It mini corp hired him to move info on the net to one place to another and he did it well, he was trusted, got payed well most of all he was doing small time stuff on the side, then the day came.

his boss walked down the hallway the walls allmost bent around him as he walked, james sat there about to jack in to move some data to one place,
"James, give me you roster for data, i got something new for you to move, meet this guy here his name is mr.johnson. hes got a job for you." his boss gave him a black card that on it had, "Henti loven"
"What job." james looked at the overly fat boss.
"just go and do it, dont ask me, ask him. you the best cowboy we have." the boss move his body out the door.
james sat there thining to him self, could this be it, am I going to work for the shadows.

jame show up at the "henti loven" it had a black out side, but when you walked in it be came a sex drive of led lights and henti movies mixed in with rock bands for the 80s. at the back of the club a man sat, his red suit with green pin strips and was human, but his troll body gards is what made you fell a little wired,
"sit" said mr.johnson " you want any thing."
"no" james said
"now i here you data dyes best computer cowboy."
"yes, well i think so."
"good, i have a job for you, i see you been doing a lot of side stuff for your self my contacts been staying a kids been do small time runs for small time money, do you want to run with the big dogs."
"yes" james eyes biger then baseballs
"you get 2000yen up front and 2000yen after, it a simple run, i need you to get some data form some body, and move it to a england corp called "green life" you need to pick up this data form a data haven in seattle called "funky monkey" you need to hack it. can you do it."
james looked at the man and thought, it was like he was going to bust a brain cell thinking about it.
"time frame" james said coming back to life after thinking so hard.
"you have a month."
"good i'll do."
"vary well" mr.johnson had a wird look in his  eye.

Overlander

Re:new in the shadows. part one.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 08:01:53 PM »

That's all? you're not going on with the story and all that drek? it would make it a lot better...no offense.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re:new in the shadows. part one.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 10:02:41 AM »

It's a good start. not many corps sign over their best and brightest to shadow-ops. (day jobs tend to go the way of the do-do when they do that, so normally a corp suit will only turn over an up-and-commer to the streets when they owe someone a BIG favor.
like, level 3 contact calling in a favor owed from that time they saved your life.

bad things can happen to the company if all the smartest people leave... typically thoes are the ones you try to hold onto...

so, the question is: is this really that important? the pay sounds good enough, and the time-frame is reasonable for a decent hack... or is he just being recruited deeper into the same company? or perhaps he's not as good as he thinks, and this is just a way to get him away from messing up the company he works for? you'd be suprised how many consol cowboys end up storing pay-dirt on their own company servers... and bad things can happen from that...

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7471 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.