Shadowrun Pub

• April 26, 2024, 03:46:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Anything new in Corpville?  (Read 15755 times)

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
Re:Anything new in Corpville?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2005, 10:42:23 PM »

ah but dosent exceptional sucsess negate that say for example by a fluke of the dice they roled for the troll 3 sucesses that exceeded the target number by will say 8
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2005, 06:52:00 AM »

Not officially it doesn't. Of course, depending on the GM and the game at the moment, something like that could be easily allowed.
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2005, 11:27:22 AM »

but even if its alloud, the very definition is 'a fluke of the dice'... what is the probibility of that happening? vs. what is the probibility that the troll will tear your arms off and beat you with them if it figures out what image is real? now, if you have a troll-magi, then you have other problems, but there are other methods for getting arround that.

-RuskiFace the Pirate

i don't know about you, but if i had to plan on my enemy getting a 1 in a 100 chance of reconising me spell off, i wouldn't really worry about it. i'd probibly even save my spell pool to resist the drain of casting the low force spell, because the chances are, it's going to work fine.

No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2005, 01:40:10 PM »

Yeah, but we've all been there when someon "yatzeed" a roll and got something like 6 6's at once. Hell, that actually happened on the very first game I ran.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2005, 02:53:33 PM »

well, it does happen, for the NPC's and corp guards, as well as the runners.
it's what makes shadowrunning exciting.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2005, 09:47:35 PM »

I don't think you understand:

Dumb troll + force 1 pain illusion equals a troll that rolls with +6 for a pain target number modifier. The troll cannot simply "ignore" the pain because his mind is too dull to realize that the pain isn't real. I could make an illusion spell that makes the target feel like he's on fire along with some full sensory details like smoke and burning flesh, and as far as the troll knows, he'd better put out the fire. Of course, it helps to actually cast a damaging spell once and a while too!
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2005, 05:30:27 AM »

Se,, that's where I think SR really drops the ball: rating 1 attributes. I mean, by all rights, a rating 1 intelligence whould make you retarded. So following that logic, why would a retarded troll be on a running team anyway???? And don't say "because he's retarded" or "because the rest of the team is retarded too." RUSKI! ;)

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2005, 09:32:06 AM »

Hey, it's hard to find good help thease days.

and asside from the archtypical retarded troll, and anemic decker; thease people bring their own 'advantages' into the group.

1) dumb trolls work for cheap.
2) they can lift heavy things.
3) they think 'taking one for the team' is a good thing.

so what if they suck aghinst magical attacks, and wouldn't be able to talk their way through a fast-food line, they can pick up a car and throw it, and sometimes, that's usefull too.

same thing with the decker with a strength and body of '1'. he spends most of his time sitting in a chair, if you have to give him a gun, you have more problems than 'he's no good in a firefight' to deal with.

everyone has things they are good at, and things they suck at. it's the beauty of the system, so; you have your own mage protect your troll from magical attacks while he goes in and pummels their street-sam who didn't have the foresite to bring a GP-HMG into the frey. meanwhile the rigger drives, and the decker hacks.

if you have a perfectly rounded decker-mage-adept-ninja-troll-rigger... i have one word for you:

Munchkin.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2005, 05:57:52 PM »

Ummm... Ruski, have you ever seen anyone with skillwires?

Let's see: DIMAP 6 Customized Implanted Rifles 12 chip with rating 6 skillwires (Implant option makes the chip half the effect on the ASIST limit on the wires) plus an implanted chipjack w/ rating 3 expert driver= 13 dice + 6 combat pool + 3 task pool = one kick ass sniper!
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2005, 06:07:38 PM »

What is the essence loss on that?? And doesn't using skillwires elliminate a combat pool?? The inflexability of the program precludes improvisation, thus the combat pool is illiminated.

Gabriel

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2005, 06:35:38 PM »

The DIMAP option on the chip allows the user to use 6 combat pool dice.

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2005, 02:40:32 AM »

a rating 1 int doesnt nessarly mean retarded they my just be undereducated and as to trying to figure out wich is woch just grab a long pole and sweep thru all of them
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2005, 05:51:06 AM »

The DIMAP option on the chip allows the user to use 6 combat pool dice.

Ok. I'm not very familiar with that piece of tech.

And Mercy, I have to disagree with you on this. 1 is as low as you can get on this scale. There is no 0 to this, therefore 1 has to be at the very bottom of the mental ladder. We are talking below Gump level here. Genius level would be something like 8 or 9, which a human can get to if he tries REALLY hard, but is extremely rare none the less.

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2005, 07:54:57 AM »

3 is average, and the average human on the planet isn't too bright.

2 would be clueless, operating with 33% more stupidity in their life than the 'average' human.

1 would be really retarded. operating 66% below the average consumer, and 33% worse than even the 'clueless' on the planet.

4 is slightly above average. i'd imagine that most skilled mechanics and artists fall into this catagory.

5 is really smart. you would probibly be the smartest guy in the class if this was your stat. you may know some smarter people, but it's argueable who is really smarter, because there are diffrent 'types' of smart, and you probibly apply your intelegence better to whatever aspects of your life are most prevelant.

6 you are twice as smart as the average human. you can do two things at once, without any extra concentration on your part. you probibly don't need the math-co-processor, as you can figure out 7 to the 17th power, in about 30 seconds while standing in line at starbucks.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2005, 09:16:14 AM »

Pretty much what I was thinking, but without all the big numbers. ;)

Gabriel
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7372 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 20 queries.