Shadowrun Pub

• March 28, 2024, 09:48:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The Next New Century  (Read 26331 times)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re:The Next New Century
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »

What if they build a floating city on it?

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 11:37:51 PM »

D00d that's kewl, I'm sooo gonna use that.  Ayer's rock floats, and some megacorp (prolly Ares) has claimed it and made it into a floating airbase.  They've also devised a system to make it move in the direction they want to.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 10:07:13 AM »

So, what sort of security would they have on the floating city? how would shadowrunners break in? launch themselves on rockets at the underside, and from there rockclimb to the top where the city is? or would they have to climb up through the internal cave system, filled with paranormal goodies? what would the job be? smuggle a nega-mage into the center of the rock, and have him walk through the spirit power-source, and there drop a magical-gernade of some sort?

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 07:11:49 PM »

Nope, not Ares... the Unseelie Court of Tir Nan Og orders a strategic suborbital strike force of Hunter-Killer Adepts and Rating 16 conjurers to slaughter the spirits residing there   whom arrive on a fleet of suborbital ships  ritually and sacrificially quickened with a Force 20 Armor spell with 20 successes? So twenty magicians use blood magic and inflct small cuts on themselves.

Hrm, all the magiicians resist against a Force 1 spell?

Here comes the Enemy...
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2005, 09:35:07 AM »

Yea, that could go badly.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2005, 02:28:13 PM »

No kidding. Suddenly the number of "Storm Wraiths" go up in the Outback...
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 04:17:11 PM »

or, there's a huge manastorm that dosn't stop, and just kinda wanders arround the globe destroying cities.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2005, 07:40:51 AM »

One word: Ghostwalker. I think a dragon who seems to summon great-form spirits almost as an accident would have quite a bit to say about Ayers Rock and the spirits thereon. Think about a powerful free spirit from the outback taking his case to Ghostwalker in Denver and pleading for help. The dragon decides that enough is enough and sends “assistance” in the form of some REALLY nasty spirits, loyal wizards, bleeding-edge tech, and some deniable assets. This could well be the setting for the next “quiet” war. Of course all of the mojo flying around would exacerbate the mana storms and, WHAM! Instant “really bad” situation.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2005, 08:19:22 AM »

So, what 'really bad' forms would the mana storms take?

like the stay-puffed marshmellow man from ghostbusters?

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »

Well, first of all, it would have to be one of those invisible storms that you only see the effect of and not some big flashy show. Say an effect could be a Control Emotion effect that causes feelings of paranoya and induces insanity. You would have inexplicable waves of homical violence sweep huge areas. And remember, there are HIVES in the outback, mate. Think of an entire colony of ants or termites going on a rampage all at once because the storm affected their hive mind mentality. OUCH!

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2005, 10:39:02 AM »

wait... that sounds like seattle!

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2005, 10:58:27 AM »

Or maybe a mana storm with a summoning effect. As it passes over the area spontaneous manifestations start going out of control. Depending on the area, this could be BAD NEWS. For instance, a storm like this passing over a costal area could summon a ton of sea and river spirits that go on a rampage and tear into whatever is on the water, including boats, ships, house-boats, and arcoblock. Or say the storm passes over an area that is having a small brush fire. Instant slamanders and fire elementals start popping up and now you have a HUGE brush fire.

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2005, 11:16:35 AM »

that would be pretty cool... a wall of spirits...

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2005, 04:31:31 PM »

Tricky, but manastorms don't produce spirits because the "domain" that a manastorm represents is already occupied by Storm Wraiths. I can however, speculate that if Ghostwalker were to do something drastic, the effect would be like Wild Magic in Lost Angeles.

My speculation is that storm wraiths are actually a form of "Primordial Horror" that is to say, they don't need to feed on emotions and aren't aspected towards people because they are still in a "larval" state and feeding on the mana storm.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2005, 10:22:38 AM »

:::groan::: Oh yeah, Retread is the ShadowDawn guy. I almost forgot about that...

But seriously, I forgot about the storm wraiths being aspected to the mana storms. But you get the idea I'm pushing here about a huge manastorm with only one effect and how you could use it to creat utter havoc and destruction. How about a manastorm that only effects infants. Give it a Magic Fiingre affect and key it into emotion and all of a sudden you have cars being flung around whenever a baby gets pissed off (like when it's hungry, thristy, needs changing, sees something it doesn't like, hears something it doesn't like, or just because) and you get the idea.

Gabriel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7094 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.