General > Technoweenies

Piracy Question

(1/6) > >>

Gabriel:
Ok chummers,

I have a bit of a piracy question for you all. How can I record an audio stream from an internet site to my hard drive as an mp3 file? I ask because I thought with one of those programs Ingo sent me a while back that I could do it and save some really cool radio dramas to my hard drive for futre listening, but alas I have never been able to figure it out. Can any of you pirating cobbers point me in the right direction???

Gabriel

Ingo Monk:
You can do it with the Windows Sound Recorder.. but it will only let you record 30 seconds at a time.  Most audio recording software will let you do it, but it's hard to 'find' the good ones.  You just have to configure the recorder to record from the 'Wave' output, since that's where internet audio streams play from.  And for best results I'd say you make sure you set all the volumes to like 75% so the sample you're recording won't sound hecka loud.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, most audio recording software I've seen only records into .wav format.. so you'll need software that also converts .wav to .mp3 (or another software that will do it).

Did you know:
Windows Media Player allows you to rip songs from CDs and convert them to MP3's on your hard drive?  Microsoft promotes music theft!!! :o

Ruski:
you can loop the audio out from your soundcard into the mic-in on the same sound card with a simple patch cable from radio-shack. (i'd suggest also going for the splitting 'Y', so your speakers still have sound too)

then, when you get to a point you want to remember, hit 'mic record' with your soundcard, and voalla! convert the file to whatever type you want with soundforge or equilivant.

that's a $5 solution. (and what i've used in the past)

-RuskiFace the Pirate

Ingo Monk:
Umm d00d.. I'd hate to rain in on your parade.. but you can do it without the patch cable.. like I said in my post?  :o

Ruski:
that too. i guess we posted at the same time, because yours wasn't here when i started.

*shrug* mine uses all the default program settings. LOL

what type of sound card you got amigo?
what do you have in the way of software?

-RuskiFace the Pirate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version