Shadowrun Pub

• April 24, 2024, 10:14:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Beer Boat  (Read 2458 times)

Buddha Smoker

• NodeOp
  • Fresh Fish
  • Come On, Get Enlightened!
    • Foreigner in Japan
The Beer Boat
« on: October 26, 2005, 07:16:54 PM »

Well, I guess this will be my first story and what a better way to start than with a celebration or in shorter words....a beer fest.

I stumbled upon this boat through a friend that I have on the radio. He's a cool guy and said that I would probably like it. Well, it was a blast. I loved it. I grabbed one of my friends and said that we're taking a boat ride. He was like...okay, but I'm not going to be holding your hand or anything. I told him nope, it's not a Tunnel of Love boat ride but it's a beer boat.

He was like..."What?".....and decided that it was worth checking out. The thing about this boat ride is that it's 2500 yen (or 1500 yen if you wear a yukata [it's like a summer kimono] or kimono) all you can drink while on the boat for about 2 hours. Or for your foreigners, that about's $25 American dollars or $15 with the Yukata.
Well, I called and made some reservations and we met there. He's not totally new to Japan but it was my idea so I took care of the details (or I should say my wife helped out).

We got to the place and picked up our tickets and got to stand in line waiting to get on the boat. Here's a couple of picture of the line.

Yeah, that's right..it's a massive line and my only guess is the nice summer evening cruise around Tokyo...yeah, right.....you and me both know it's about BEER. Here's a few pictures after getting to the roof of the boat.

Cool looking boat in the above picture but no so exciting yet.

Anyway, we finally get on the boat and was like...nothing spectacular so "Where's the Beer?" Located it no problem. It was on all three floors of the boat. Plus, there was a lady with a beer backpack going around giving out beer here and there. All you had to say was, "Yo!" and the beer magically appeared in your hand.

I agree that he above picture looks like the guys are doing the Robot Dance or chalk it up to beer. However it fits due to what happened next.

Then, a booming voice came over the intercom speakers saying the show starts in 10 mins. Something about the Yukata Dancers. We decided to check it out thinking that it might be traditional music and some dancers, etc...might be good to make fun of or just enjoy while tossing back a few brews.

Well, we arrived at a good location to watch the show waiting for the dancers to come out. The lights when down then, BOOM!, the Yukata Dancers bust out dancing to Destiny Child's music "Can you keep up...catch my breath...Can you keep up". It was a rock fest then. I was feeling a bit happy and was dancing with the rest of the crowd with tons of popular music plus your common songs like YMCA, etc. Here's the pictures below.

We had our fair share of beer and the train ride home was pretty difficult. However, it was worth it and had tons of fun doing it. I'm sure that I'll make it back to there next year. After all, it's only a summer event.

I thought I would close with a few pictures that I grabbed while I was still sober somewhat.
Heh heh. Also, I forgot to mention that the boat had a picture from the Monster Farm game a couple years back. I didn't notice it until I was off the boat and drunk.

Point---BEER BOAT ROCKS!

Mata ne (means---Laterz),

Buddha S.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 01:53:39 AM by Buddha Smoker »

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
Re:The Beer Boat
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 01:51:02 PM »

(bump so this doesn't get deleted)

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7361 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 24 queries.