Shadowrun RPG > History & Politics

New security Detail.

(1/17) > >>

Ruski:
anyone got any data security jobs now that the new wave of hacker-heaven has hit the screamsheets?

here's a couple i've been hit up with.

1) protect generic suit A's comlink. walk arround 'near' them, and make sure you crash any hackers that look to interested in what he's carrying.

2) setup corperate army security. the dull job of building "unhackable" comlinks for the security force to use, protecting them from runners and the like.

3) hackproofing vehicles, by putting radio absorbant materials in the frame, and looping the external antena through a series of firewalls.

I think it just got a whole lot more expencive to live in the new world.

-RuskiFace the Pirate

Retread:
You could always, you know... Disconnect your commlink...

Ruski:
Well, while you can un-plug yourself for personal security, it's kinda rude to ask your protect-ee to do the same for his own security... expecially seeing as how he's paying you to protect him from the riff-raff.

-RuskiFace the Pirate

Retread:
Yeah, I suppose so. But the whole Commlink thing always occurred to me to be a goofy little liability. I mean, if you find out that your commlink is being hacked, can't you just turn it off right then? Of course, being a good hacker means not having that happen, but it still seems odd to me.

If your charge needs to be protected and his life was on the line, seems like he would be more than willing to go without his e-mail for a little while...

Gabriel:
Actually, you bring up a good point, Retread. Just how long could an average person in 2070 go without media/information immursion??? Think about it. That would be something akin to you or me leaving a city and sleeping in a tent in the middle of a forrest for several weeks at a time on multiple occasions, then trying to reintegrate with what's going on in the world as soon as we get back. I wonder just how long that would take to drive a person to do stupid, unsafe things, like leaving on a hacked commlink and just hiring a runner to "fix" it?

Gabriel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version