Shadowrun Pub

• April 28, 2024, 09:54:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok.. lets see if i got it this time..  (Read 14875 times)

Retread

• Runner
Re:Ok.. lets see if i got it this time..
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2006, 07:04:52 AM »

Shotguns and rifles might not fire the same effective round, but the point I was getting at is that a gun with a stock is aimed in single-shot mode relatively the same regardless of the round used. Recoil and range rules account for the "spray and pray" of SMGs and Assault rifles.

Anti-vehicle rounds are made out of a brass core that will blast through hardened armor, additionally they do vehicle damage which guarantees a raise in the effective damage level of the weapon used to fire them against a soft target by one level.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2006, 10:51:54 AM »

*shrugs* all im saying is from what experience i've had they dont fire alike. you dont aim them the same, or even really "shoot" the same.

Saying shooting a shotgun is just like shooting an SMG is kind of ridicouls... redictou... ... not right ;p
I think that the rules are good as is, least in 3rd edit, they are done so that if you dont have the skill you can fake it using a related skill at a penalty. to me this just kinda seems like you normally use a dagger to fight, but choose to switch it out for a spear one day despite having no training and expecting to use it just fine cause "they are about the same".. well.. maybe not quite like that.. but close to.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2006, 01:00:51 PM »

Melee weapons are all relatively related (Where FASA got off claiming that a claymore is a polearm, I don't know) and I didn't think about defaulting. Still, I've fired both a rifle and a shotgun and they feel pretty much the same when firing (if they have the same sights) If you use a 410 with a bead sight it's gonna be different than with an iron-sight but the affect is still the same.

Conversely, you use the same Projectile weapons skill when working with a bow and with a slingshot even though neither aim the same, so there's a rub there.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2006, 01:14:41 PM »

I think the claymore thing is largely just people not knowing the differance in how you use the weapon..

And while a shotgun and rifle are simliear, not all are, sawn offs, or even cut down models for urban combat (shortened barrel and pistol grip stock) isnt much like a rifle, and i'd figure for street runners that would be the more used model... so i guess i should have brought that up in my posts..
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2006, 01:29:46 PM »

Eh, well, there really is no "perfect" system, so it's probably better to stick to canon, neh?

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2006, 01:31:22 PM »

point.. oh well, was good discussion at least:3

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2006, 08:21:45 AM »

You guys really should look at tne new group system in SR4.

-RuskiFace the PIrate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2006, 05:37:12 PM »

*HISS!*

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

Melee weapons are all relatively related (Where FASA got off claiming that a claymore is a polearm, I don't know) and I didn't think about defaulting. Still, I've fired both a rifle and a shotgun and they feel pretty much the same when firing (if they have the same sights) If you use a 410 with a bead sight it's gonna be different than with an iron-sight but the affect is still the same.

Conversely, you use the same Projectile weapons skill when working with a bow and with a slingshot even though neither aim the same, so there's a rub there.

um try hitting a target with a shotgun at anything more than 100 yards is nigh impossible even if your annie oakly even if you have a scope on it and when you start shooting at things for avg rifle ranger say around 400 yards  that shotgun slug aint going to have much engery left
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2006, 05:49:47 AM »

Dammit Mercy!!!! Now I'm picturing you in a little frilly dress with a cowboy hat and rifle. :o Why did you have to mention Annie Oakley???

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2006, 08:33:13 AM »

and that's why RANGE catagories are diffrent from dammage codes, and skill weapons.

Shotguns have their own range modifiers, similar to that of a heavy pistol.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2006, 09:27:55 AM »

Hee, Annie Oakley goblinizes into a troll...

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2006, 11:28:26 AM »

Annie Oakley goblinizes into Mercy. ;)

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2006, 12:50:47 PM »

how about Mercy Goblinizing into Annie?

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2006, 03:50:48 PM »

shudder looks at the resdident spell slinger ok drop the pollymoph spell bub
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7406 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 18 queries.