Shadowrun Pub

• April 28, 2024, 01:06:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok.. lets see if i got it this time..  (Read 14872 times)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Re:Ok.. lets see if i got it this time..
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2006, 11:22:27 AM »

I know that the Move By Wire is always active, i was wondering if it would be possible 9or if it slisted in books) that you could get a trigger like with wired reflexes so its not always going so you have a bit more control over it and its side effects.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2006, 03:52:14 PM »

i was also thinking about the fact that even a small pressurized contraption in the rib cage so close to lungs, heart, stomach, and so many other internal organs would do more damage then hours left in S damage.. even if it only has 20 minutes worth in it. first its exploding right by major vital organs with plenty of metal or ceramic or plastic shrapnel, with a full tank your gonna least be missing a lung and some ribs, or it could blow a hole into a vein or artery or some other such massive blood pumping vein, and if a small bubble of air can kill you imagine what that could do.

Next you also got shrapnel. with that you got your diaphram (isnt that what the muscle used to make the lungs pump air called?) stomach, lungs, heart, kidneys, and so forth right there.

Almost makes ya think could be turned into a micro bomb if someone wanted to, like a head popper, cept possibly bit messier and more painful where a cranial would be more effective....

im starting to realize why some of my players were really paranoid about getting cyber work done in game from people and corps they didnt know..
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2006, 04:49:13 PM »

Yeah, realistically I can't see anyone surviving long enough to matter once their internal air tank blew.

I actually envisage it blowing a major hole in your chest.  As you say, this would probably sever numerous major arteries, and quite possibly cause irrevocable damage to the heart too.
~:poison: ~

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2006, 04:55:35 PM »

If cyberware fails, it does so in a manner of the GM's choosing: ...,  internal air-tanks cease up or explode causing (number of hours of air left)S damage resisted by body only, etc. The effects are left up to the GM.
Well, there you go.
I personally think it would do more damage, but rules is rules  :P
~:poison: ~

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2006, 05:16:22 PM »

Double-checked, it says it does 10S damage on a 1 from a 1d6 roll after taking Stress to check for a breach. Bone-lacing and internalized impact armor reduce the power. Nearby people are damaged as well lowering the power of the attack by 2 per meter in distance.

Notably, an air-tank can hold something besides air if a tracheal vent is installed. Then you can blast neuro-stun 6 out your throat-hole. However, you'd still need a way to prevent the gas from being breathed back in.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2006, 06:48:02 PM »

hhmm.. Dual tank it.

Get one regular air tank, so after blasting the spray, can finish with burst of regular air to clear it out.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2006, 01:23:25 PM »

Yeah.... So basicly if you have a charged air canister that takes a round, you go bye-bye. Pretty simple solution.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2006, 03:26:53 PM »

i was wondering what all it would take to get a hit like that as well. What kinda roll the shooter would need to hit, or how badly some poor runner would have to roll to have it happen to him.

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2006, 08:41:06 AM »

Don't you guys watch Mythbusters?!?

On one episode they were testing the whether or not what happened in the move Jaws (shooting the swallowed oxygen tanks causes them to explode from the pressure).

In a nutshell: small calibre firearms bounce off of the tank, while large calibre rounds will make a hole and enough force comes out to move the tank.  Needless to say it didn't explode, so they blew it up with C4.

I love that show!!

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2006, 10:55:41 AM »

Actually, i ALMOST saw that episode... but every damn time its on and gets to that part something happens keeping me from seeing it, family changing channel, tv glitch, or im out of the room for some reason or other.... rather annoying that..

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2006, 11:30:03 AM »

Hmmm... that's interesting- I haven't watched Mythbusters in a long time.

Actually, I would assume that an internal air tank would have some small amount of armoring, just to make just such an even less likely.

Of course, having your exit wound turn into a blowhole might be funny, too.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2006, 12:12:52 PM »

ALright, this is my take on it. Judging by the picture in Cybertechnology, the canister replaces the bottom lobe of one lung, with a tube running to an air intake/filling point. So, if youwer eto take a called shot to lower rib area, I would give a 50/50 chance of nailing the tank. If it were to happen and the sammie was to take Serious Damage or higher, I would rule that he has to make an unaugmented Body (6) roll or take a medium hit from the escaping air.

Assuming this is the only damage the cobber has taken, it will knock him to 9 boxes of damage on one shot. No pretty (and colorful) explosin, but enough to put him down on the ground. Of course, if you have an explosive or tracer round, well that's a different story.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2006, 12:57:16 PM »

I think it also depends on whats in the air tank.

if it's just regular air, it's probibly no big deal. if it's pure O2, or some other highly flamable concoction, then there could be an explosion.

and i think that letting almost any called shot hit the air-tank is a bit high in the probibility range.
the remaining lung is quite a bit larger... the air tank looks to be about the size of a heart. and remember, any bullet has got to go through the armor that the target is wearing (what runner goes bare chested into battle thease days?) the skin, the ribcage, and then, it's got to hit the tank at a perfect angle. if it's a bit off, it'll just richoshea arround some more.

for color, you could probibly have it 'cook off' like explosive rounds if they ran through a burning building, and took a bunch of dammage from heat or something, but inorder for the cyberwear to fail, it's got to take almost lethal dammage in and of it's self. (a single wound inflicting S+ dammage in a single shot is what normally qualifies for a body resistance test to see if anything important was broken right?)

so, they'd have to take S dammage from fire / gun / whatever before it'd probibly exmplode. (at that point, an additional S in dammage from an exploding airtank is just mean)

I'd probibly leave this more as flavor text on recently killed PC's / NPC's. You shoot them, and they die horribly in that tragic car wreck... and then... explode! oops... must have cooked off the air tank.

or let the PC's use it as a goodbye 'frag you too' when they buy the farm, and want to go out with some style.

most cyberwear has it's own monitoring devices, if it deteced a rapid pressure loss, it could probibly open up the dump/refill vent and push out whatever was inside in a less destructive manner than exploding. (again, that's mostly dependant upon whats in the tank... if you take the S dammage from fire, and are in a burning building, having your Hydrogen tank dump it's contents out the drop valve isn't going to help much. you'd have just installed a one shot flame thrower into your neck.)

*shrug* that's my thoughts on the subject.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2006, 05:15:15 AM »

A saftey valve isn't going to be able to compensate for a bullet hole in any kind of effective manner. And the contents of the air tank wouldn't really be much of an issue unless you survived the sudden decompression which just blew part of your diaphram, pancrease, and lung out of a bullet's entrance hole. Of coure if you DID survive, then yeah, pure O2 might be a bit of a problem.

Gabriel

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2006, 07:59:32 AM »

The tank wouldn't literally "explode" rather, it would decompress, causing all sorts of nasty pressure situations inside your body. That's why it's not a Deadly wound but a Serious one.

So, let's say Gryphon has a spare air-tank for when Mitsuhama decides to field-test some Green Ring-3. On his run, he takes a bullet for moderate damage and only rolls 1,2,2,2,1 on his damage resistance test. He takes one wound effect. Rolling a 2 on his 1d6, the GM finds Gryphon takes a cybersystem hit. Getting another 1 to roll for essence slot, Gryphon takes a hit on his 1 essence point of cyberware. His tank is hit, and takes Stress. The GM rolls a 6 and Gryphon takes 3 stress. Rolling for his stress test, Gryphon rolls 1 die (basic air-tank) and gets a 2 (Gryphon has really bad luck) The tank fails and breaches causing decompression dealing 10S damage. Rolling only his body, 3, Gryphon rolls a 4, 3, 4. 0 successes and he also takes 2 more wound effects, a bioware system and an attribute wound effect.

Knew a guy who had one of those tanks filled with napalm... I miss him...
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7401 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.