Shadowrun Pub

• May 15, 2024, 05:11:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok.. lets see if i got it this time..  (Read 14939 times)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re:Ok.. lets see if i got it this time..
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2006, 09:47:13 AM »

i usually throw smg into it's own catagory, but the other rifles all go in together for me too.

-RuskiFace the Pirate

squeeze the trigger... don't pull it.
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2006, 05:31:53 PM »

SMG is a bit iffy, considering that it applies to Machine Pistols as well as two-handers like the MP-5
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2006, 05:47:59 PM »

at least the recoil is similar.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2006, 05:50:48 PM »

My 2 cents on the gun skills thing.. and not to make it sound like insulting anybodys intelligence, just kinda listing my experience (its fun having gun freaks for friends.. especially when you get to shoot a perfect condition pre-ban tommy gun, and a 50 cal rifle.. the bruise isnt much fun though..)

I cant really see SMG being stuck in with Rifles, they are more compact, generally use lighter rounds and useable one handed, and general shooting style is "spray and pray" because the shorter barrels dont generally give a good aiming accuracy..

Even an Assault rifle is good bit diffrent then your average rifle. They tend to be automatic leaning towards spraying bullets while aiming some, but even then your not aiming as carefully

Rifles are made for aiming, usually bolt action, pump, lever, ect, some semi auto but that tends to take away from the accuracy factor. They use big bullets that spin nice and clean for a good accurate shot that can do some good damage even to armored targets generally by putting the holes in the place where armor isnt to thick.

and a Shotgun.. same shape and all as a rifle generally, but fires nothing like a rifle, even if you use slugs.. Pellet and buck shots best used for light armored targets at close range in causing a good heavy spread of damage over the body, and a Slug... well.. then your just trying to make a REALLY big hole in them, and the heavier the slug the harder it hits, the gun against your shoulder and against them..

One nasty thing in one game i saw and wasnt sure if it would work was a Copper slug, not a solid one, was mainly done like a shaped charge, didnt have the explosives but the force of the shot and impact on target alone was nough to splatter most things pretty well and peirce armor.. Anybody know if that would work well, or would copper be to hard or to soft for the gun to shoot properly?
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2006, 05:57:38 PM »

copper won't work well. it's too light.

with slugs, it's all about density, the heavyer the slug, the more velocity it gains by going fast. lighter metals (copper, steel, titanium, silver) don't do as much dammage as good ol' heavy lead.

however, depleated uranium; at about four times the weight of lead, works quite well. Gold would also work well, but be quite expencive.

there is some presicence to have 'hollowpoint' rounds, constructed by dual-core slugs, where there's a heavy lead exterier, and a harder copper center, but they typically only work on soft targets.

-RuskIFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2006, 10:56:35 PM »

*nods* what i thought.. though if you could get someone up close, like with a sawn off, it still might do some good ouching...

Nother nasty idea.. what about lead (or some other heavy metal) slug with mercury core..? a normal bullet is pretty nasty, what would something that sized do?

My knowledge is kinda just gun based.. ammo isnt something studied much on.. Friend was a major gun freak, literally, and i 100 percent bull drek you not, could name most guns just by hearing it shot, not what caliber or what not, but the actual gun, or least the closest model to. Kinda creepy.. we used to sit in high school library and read every book on guns we could find.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2006, 06:12:20 AM »

Mercury filled rounds would replicate, on a much smaller scale, the effects of buckshot when the bullet hits the target. The rounds have to be hollow-point, or just plane hollow, and will mushroom when they hit the target, causing normal damage. The mercury inside the round will continue, however, and will spred out in a cone. The density of the mercury will force it into small globules as it spreads, not a mist. As the little dropplets of mercury continue, they spread out like buckshot and keep going. When they DO stop, they will posions anyone who they stopped in, regardless of wether or not they kill him outright.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2006, 08:11:10 AM »

yea. it's pretty much impossible to get all the mercury out of the shotwound. removing the poison effects will probibly require the use of a couple of blood transfusions, and even then; you'll probibly still end up mad as a hatter (literally)

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2006, 08:50:19 AM »

Now, Captain North, imagine filling that shell with liquid silver (I forget the compound here) and you might have yourself a REALLY bad day as a shapeshifting wolf.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2006, 09:04:50 AM »

I knew a guy that used silver bullets filled with thermite; so that they would explode, and melt the silver on compact.

Fire+Silver+Melted silver = Bad day for ware-wolf
6 X 9 = 42

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2006, 09:55:08 AM »

Now, Captain North, imagine filling that shell with liquid silver (I forget the compound here) and you might have yourself a REALLY bad day as a shapeshifting wolf.

I've always adviced the use of Silver Nitrate (AgNO3 IIRC) for this purpose.

EDIT: Oops. It was supposed to be subscript, not superscript.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 02:18:42 PM by ROOTless »
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2006, 10:16:52 AM »

Also a nice choice.

Wasn't there something bout the rounds breaking open when being fired with thoes though?

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2006, 12:04:54 PM »

Would work good against Vamps to, least by 2nd edit rules.. 3rd edit doesnt even really seem to mention any critters of any sort so no clue if they still got weakness to silver.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2006, 12:57:16 PM »

some do. it's mostly just a +1 on the dammage to resist level for them.

I.E.: a gun that normally did 6L would instead do 7L if it was made of silver, and the creature in question had an alergy.
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2006, 09:30:16 AM »

I've always adviced the use of Silver Nitrate (AgNO3 IIRC) for this purpose.

EDIT: Oops. It was supposed to be subscript, not superscript.

Yep, that's the stuff I was thinking about. Thanks ROOTless.

Gabriel
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7702 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.