General > News

Forum software upgrade

(1/4) > >>

Ingo Monk:
Just FYI to you all, been getting a lot of spambot activity as of late.  The spam countermeasures I put in place have blocked most of them, but a handful are getting through.  Thankfully part of the registration process is to activate your new account via email, so fake email accounts don't get the activation mail and thus don't become activated.

Currently we're running SMF 1.1.14, which is fully up to date as far as SMF 1.X goes.  However SMF version 2.X is out, actually it's been out for a while I think.  So I'm planning on upgrading the forum to this version as it adds a few security features.  I'll probably end up doing this sometime this weekend, so if you see a "maintenance" page that's what's going on, just check back in a little while.

-Ingo

ROOTless:
Be sure to check how stable the 2.x is first, please :)

Mr. Van:
Woo hoo upgrades!  ;D

Ingo Monk:
I wasn't able to do anything this past weekend (obviously :P)

--- Quote from: ROOTless on July 11, 2011, 12:15:23 AM ---Be sure to check how stable the 2.x is first, please :)

--- End quote ---

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=437328.0

SMF 2.0 went final and was released on June 11th.  It has been in RC for over a year prior to this.  SMF claims this version is stable, and the known issues page mentions nothing of any stability issues.

I'll let y'all go over that info and see if you find any issues (I'll dig a bit as well).  This is your online home too after all ;)

ROOTless:
quick run down: looks good.

Go-go-go!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version