Shadowrun RPG > SR4 (Shadowrun 4th Edition) General Discussion

Magic unbalancing?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Retread:
That's a sort of roundabout way of doing it. Does the whole vehicle need to be targeted in 4th edition too? Because it seems like a door would have a lower body rating.

Ingo Monk:
Stats I gave are for the whole car.  It's really GM speculation though, I'd say the door would have the same armor rating but a lower body rating.

bull30548:
An ironic thing about this is with the way that part of the system I will just sit strapped in a Nightsky.  Lowfyr could never hit me or get to me on a physical level since he could never net more successes to damage the vehicle.  Now if you treat said vehicle as a barrier which is what it was designed to do was block.  Then you would apply the structure rating system for applying damage.  

Also based on your math which on that same page is an example of how many succeses a tank automatically gets is 4.  So a nightsky is tougher than a tank now?  Boy why is the military even using those slow tanks anymore?  Think there is an error somewhere.  Because see my point could be valid as well as yours.  It is dependant on how you want to apply things and all that.  Oh and by the way take a look at barrier ratings for physical and mana walls.  Unless you over cast the bastard to the maxiimum your barrier is going to last maybe a combat round if you are lucky.  Cause a barrier rating of six versus a predator 4 or anything with a burst or full auto capabilities.  Pop bye bye barrier hello bullet to mage.  Such a nice barrier it was too.

ROOTless:

--- Quote from: Retread on April 16, 2006, 09:10:10 PM ---That's a sort of roundabout way of doing it. Does the whole vehicle need to be targeted in 4th edition too? Because it seems like a door would have a lower body rating.

--- End quote ---

IIRC, in 3rd edition, he power bolt spell cannot target the door seperately from the vehicle.
So no dice.

Retread:
Heh, these rules were supposed to be simpler, right?

I also doubt Lofwyr would bother, he'd just have a spirit manifest inside the limo and burn everyone alive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version