Shadowrun RPG Play-By-Post Games > Welcome to the Shadows

Welcome to Denver - Character: Fliss Softwind

<< < (2/3) > >>

Katrex:
First to ruski. You sure made me laugh, though lets be clear its not hundreds of thousands of gear, and also it's what helps you survive.

Second, max armor is body x 2. so 8, Form fitting is 6/2 that counts as 3/1 for armor encumbrance. It's softweaved so it counts as 2/0. Which means that she gets +4 armor for "free".
Its most definately not a mech warrior battlesuit, it's motorcycle armor Which is the best for impact, which she would have because what with being flying if she falls to the ground she takes impact damage.
The amnesia version you're talking about is a 25bp negative quality not 10bp.
As for story I have actualy thought of it, she did escape from england she's in debt because she borowed money to do it and get the equipment to do it, fake sins invisibility suites etc. As for the whys of it that is something I generaly leave to the dm unless they specificaly want me to figure it out, Mostly so that it can fit in with the main plot.
She's a pacifist which is why she has stick and shock bulets perhaps you didn't read the charecter sheet properly?

To kid.
Yes gear is usualy more expensive, however it says specificaly somewhere that gear that needs to be modified for size for trolls dwarfs (and i'd assume pixies)  should not cost extra at charecter creation.
Uping my lifestyle to 3000 is fair enough i guess even if she would eat like an 1/4 of what anyone else would and requires much less space/power but whatever, I have enough cash spare to pay it.

Yes pixies are uneducated. The actualy mechanical effect is explained here.
"Characters with the Uneducated quality are considered “unaware” in Technical,
Academic Knowledge, and Professional Knowledge skills they do not possess (see Skill
Ratings, p. 118), and they may not default on skill tests for those skills." Page 96 core rule book (20th aniversary edition)

Hence why she does not posess those skills. If you want to make it even harder to play a pixie and ban firearms too i might as well just give her the living on borrowed time flaw right now. :p

As for the genetic enhancement. First off as you quoted yourself "Sapient critters can accept geneware and nanoware without difficulty"

Secondly its a quality which are arguably the most valuable build points hence why you only get 35. So it shouldnt be a question of balance as the actualy geneware would only cost 9bp, and making it take up 10 of your quality slots should net you something, Ie no essence cost.

Thirdly as to why she would have it. Well only the hardiest of pixies would leave their homes and be able to survive. I personaly just think of it as she was born from a strong lineage.

Fundamentaly the way I look at all of it is, theres a reason she's still alive. If you take away her pistols skill, her decent armor, her decent body she's just going to die.
Normal pixies can't survive in the normal world, she somehow has, so i made her so that she somehow could. Without breaking any of the rules.
But changing rules is your right as a gm, so I'll just wait on that.

Ruski:
So, a hard-core traveling pixie with a British accent? I like it.
her 'underground railroad' fee collector took a ritual sample and is coming back for 'payments'... That works for the debt... I wrote a short story that could explain the short term memory loss, if you really want to keep that flaw; Fliss could stumble across the trail meant for some local pixies, and wind up in the same trap. (I pre-dated it to before 'back to the shack' so it can be a background story for either just my PC and his history with Pixies, or you can jump in if you are so inclined)

Having people that are threatening to rip off your wings if you don't pay them is generally dangerous enough; forgetting to pay them, even if the forgetfulness isn't your fault, would probably shorten your lifespan to even less than: 'living on borrowed time'. That's my last plug to try to get you to change either one, or the other flaw; to something else. if you keep them both, just expect to need your guns and armor sooner rather than later.

That being said; feel free to jump into the 'problem with pixies' story arc here. we will just free-form it while the PC's get their approvals worked out, and we figure out if anyone else is joining the show.

-Ruski

Ruski:
For the 'Problem with Pixies'; would Sly be able to see Fliss astrally? is her stealth spell an astral cover as well as a physical cover?
Sly is able to see astrally, and I know you're chica has some masking abilities; but I'm wondering if she'd have them active after waking up sans-memory? She's good enough at hiding that I'm imagining that if she's careful he wouldn't be able to see her; but to be fair, he is trying to re-locate a 'normal' non-PC pixie... and would be watching for the 'normal' tricks of their trade. (Paranormal Critter knowledge of 6)
what do you think?

Katrex:
Well concealment causes a -6 penalty on your astral perception, So roll that against threshold 2 given that she's small and not in obvious sight. I'll say she's not infiltrating at the moment otherwise you'd have no chance :p. That said logic+intuition (2) test to deduce that far too much of the candy has been eaten than one pixie could eat, then at least you can actively look, and not lose 2 dice for being distracted.

Holy crap... How does you charecter not have any ranks in perception... That's mad.

Ruski:
ah, I'll have to fix that LOL.
he's not really looking at the pixie house, he's more watching his back as he's getting rid of the trail.
I guess he'll just be blissfully ignorant for now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version