Shadowrun Pub

• May 11, 2024, 10:44:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: X Men: Last Stand  (Read 8922 times)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Re:X Men: Last Stand
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 05:36:39 AM »

Didn't see that one. Post a link if you find it again.

Gabriel

PS - Any ideas one what X4 is going to be about???
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 12:10:44 PM »

IF they follow this plotline to it's conclusion, I think that the Shi-Ar Empire shows up.

I really hope that doesn't happen. The Shi-Ar Empire is a pain in the ass.

I'm thinking (and hoping) that they follow Magneto, and let him set up Asteroid M, which means that A) Wolverine loses his adamantium, and B) Magneto gets Genosha.

In either case, I would like to see the introduction of Senitnels. (other than just a big head falling off and hitting the ground with a clang)

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 01:13:32 PM »

I think it's over for Magneto as a constant plotline. I'm thinking you are going to see the sentinels in the next film as a blow-back from everything that happened in this one. Or possibly see Genosha setting up their mutant exploitation society. I could even see Apocalypse showing up. Now that Cyclops and Phoenix are in he position they are in. In fact, I could see Mr. Sinister showing up with Havoc.

But personally, I think they are going to hold off on all of it for a while. I doubt you'll ever see the Shi'ar, the Brood, or Mojo ever show up. Those are too sci-fi for the feel of the movie. Besides, the Brood was alway just a rip-off of Aliens anyway.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 02:22:51 PM »

They were always kind of crappy characters, too.

I mean, talk about dated hairstyles. Those characters are all straight-80s, and not afraid to admit it.

I'm hoping that Magneto becomes an even larger threat in this one- but I'm hoping for some severe distopian action. Rogue and Iceman breaking up, Rogue going... rogue, and getting involved with the people she did, because she doesn't feel like she fits in anymore, killing What-her-name, and then being able to fly and being almost a completely different person (with 50% someone else's personality, I kinda like the idea).

Of course, I always kind of had a soft spot for the Asteroid M stuff- I liked the idea of Magneto being able to pull something like that off.

Plus, it sets up Genosha, which means that Magneto pulls the adamantium out of Wolverine, and then Wolverine spends six months in the danger room, training to kill Magneto, and then finally does it.

That... that would be cool.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 06:38:49 AM »

what's-her-name was ms. marvel. And it's hard to say what they are gomma be doing. I was told saturday that the story they are using is loosly based off a comic that Joss Whedon wrote about the x-men. Either way it will be interesting.
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

AJStarhiker

• Runner
  • I much prefer ice and snow to sand and rock.
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 07:26:46 AM »

I thought X3 was based off one of Whedon's arcs?  They had a mutant cure in the first arc he did in Astonishing.  I mostly stopped reading when Colossus reappeared, though, so I never found out what happened.

Unless they're going to use the Danger Room becoming an AI and going nuts?

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 05:06:36 AM »

um, i think that's what I said
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 05:24:32 AM »

The danger Room became an AI?? Oh for crying out loud!!! First Cerebro goes AI and nuts, and now the Danger Room??? WHat the hell's next? The Evil AI Laundry Room??? Everyone gets EXTRA EVIL STARCH in the crotch of their super-hero clothes????

Gabriel (who is getting fed up with X-Men)

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »

That's why I write fanfics.  I can create a divergent timeline that actually makes sense.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 08:36:20 AM »

Hell, AJ, I might have to get a subscription to your universe.

Gabriel

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 11:41:54 AM »

Uhhh... Actually, I can't really blame them. They have to write comics with set characters, once a month, that are interesting enough for not only fanboys, but for people who walk by and glance at the book...

They have to write every comic as though it was the person's first comic book ever- the first two or three pages of every comic are fluff just for that purpose.

No matter who the writers are, they're constrained by the cast- which is why they introduce accessory characters, such as Gambit or Wolverine, who then re-live things that previous characters have already done.

I do like some of the current story arcs- at least, last time I read and xmen book- there was a corporation recruiting mutants as a kind of security force (like Xavier, only evil) and they even made a female clone of Wolverine, dubbed Weapon XIII. Why 13? I have no idea. But it was at least a little bit cool. They implied she was a clone in the comics, but in the updated Age of Apocalypse, she also shows up, and it's suspected that she's Logan's actual daughter.

Which was cool.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 01:00:37 PM »

That's X23, and yeah, she is an imperfect clone of Wolverine. With claws in her toes. Sigh. Oh well. After 40 years, what can you really expect. The only real problem I have with comics is the utter disdain they seem to have for continuity and a total lack of ability to keep a corpse a corpse. Hell, isn't Thunderbird back alive? He died in '73. Why in the world would they bring a character like that back? How many times has Magik been killed and reborn? I know of at least twice. And Colossus is back. He died. But not really. :banghead:

There's a reason I no longer collect X-Men comics.

Gabriel

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 01:11:56 PM »

I think there've been three different Thunderbirds.  The first, who died, his brother with similar powers who tried to get revenge because he blamed Xavier for the first's death, and an unrelated guy who produced plasma beams.

The current Magik (Last I checked) was Amanda Sefton who had switched code names when she took over Limbo.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 01:33:36 PM »

For all of that- how many times has Magneto been cloned/killed/mindwiped/replaced/dethroned?

I think this is the main reason that most people eventually grow out of comic books- there's only so many times you can read the same story (How many versions of Spawn did Todd McFarlane write? I read like ten, and they were all identical).

The writers have to constantly re-imagine the story, the characters, and the plotlines, and sometimes they get a little muddled.

I mean, I've had three different people explain SpiderMan's "Clone Saga" to me after reading it, and I think they just jumped through magical hoops to end it. ("Uh... nope, even though we did testing on both of you, apparently we were wrong, and Ben Riley was the clone after all.")

I stopped reading Spiderman comics after that. And Xmen when they killed Colossus in a way-too-Jesus-like scenario. "For Professor X so loved the world, that he sacrificed Colossus, so that all mutant kind might live...")

I do occaisonally pick them up and read them, just to see what there is to see, but I only rarely enjoy X-Men stories these days.

I loved Asteroid M/Wolverine losing his metal. (hated the follow-up where they actually drew him AS a wolverine, smoking a cigar and wearing the suit... I want to scrub my mental eye with a toothbrush)

I did enjoy Wolverine getting killed/turned by the Hand. Wolverine vs. Electra was cool. Wolverine vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. even better.

Ooh, and Sinister's satalite network that supressed mutation- where Wolverine was actually dying of adamantium poisoning, because of the stuff on his bones. And all the XMen were all jacked up, because they had no powers. That was cool.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 01:50:36 PM »

I don't read many current books.  I might pick something up if it's got a decent Shadowcat story (The recent Shadow and Flame LS was good), but otherwise I pretty much ignore anything after Ellis stopped writing for Excalibur.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7675 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.