Shadowrun Pub

• May 10, 2024, 11:05:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Whay happened to pimpboy?  (Read 4187 times)

The Lexx

Whay happened to pimpboy?
« on: August 13, 2006, 08:01:29 PM »

What happened to pimpboy? I see his dok teufel alies has been banned on SJG forums, likely by l'il andy hackard over some petty dsagreement, and I was going to ask him what lame excuse, if any, they gave for banning him. SJG mods won't comment on bannings because they usually have no valid reason for banning people, asides from l'il andy not liking them.

AJStarhiker

• Runner
  • I much prefer ice and snow to sand and rock.
Re:Whay happened to pimpboy?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 11:04:38 PM »

He disappeared sometime before I showed up last January.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 09:42:54 AM »

he got upset over some censorship issues here, and took off.

really, he was a decent sort of folk, but he rubbed some people the wrong way. seems that although he did have some good points, he liked to be perhaps a little more authoratative than his real life experences would allow... and that rubbed some of the pubbers the wrong way.

as it turns out, our solution to his outbursts was to delete the ones that were too off topic (we thought that was a fair responce)

he took offence to that, and took off.

that's the last I heard of him. he came back to the pub long enough to rename himself to " __" (thats as close to deleting himself that you could get I guess)
and I saw his " __ " name online a couple of times... probibly checking to see if anyone missed him.

so... that's a little bit of pub history for ya'

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 10:06:42 AM »

Now see, this is a perfecet illustartion of how different people see different sides of someone. I thought the guy was a complete piece of drek. I've never met a bigger attention whore in my life, and the fact that he actually drove off old-posters by his shear presence was a pretty good illustration of his effect on others.

Now, I admit that I'm not even attempting to see his side of things, and this is a very biased post, but there you go. Maybe he's gotten over some of the issues he had and grown up a bit. If not, I'm sure he's making some other BBS just as miserable as he made us.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 10:46:13 AM »

Oh, I didn't mind his presence. Some of the stuf he said even made sense.

But the delivery...
He can't formulate a valid argument appearantly, and cares nothing for what people around him think. Since he argued (in some ways) for people to care more about eachother and to respect eachothers (well, his) thoughts, this was somewhere between laughable and sad.

Furthermore, while we do not have censorship as such here at the pub, mods have been asked to remove posts that went too far off topic. Combined with his tendency to drag practically every topic he posted in off topic, onto his own chosen topics, often in (somewhat) inflamatory ways, and in spite of having been asked to tone it down, he "lost" more posts than the average member.
I believe he came to feel censored, while only being asked to respect other people.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 09:58:47 AM »

It was actually my fault.

I went through and started deleting old posts (such classics as Religion: The Flamewar), and while I was reading every post in the Pub (yes, I read every post, whether it's addressed to me or not), I began to see what Gabe was talking about- in some cases, it almost seemed like his responses were designed to instigate as much argument as possible.

After reading a while, I wanted to reply, but felt that would only make the problem worse, so I started deleting threads. I started with the old posts that were months old, that no one had written anything in for at least a month or so, and once I got started, I deleted anything that had gotten off topic, become inflammatory, or become an argument. This accounted for most of the threads.

While I was doing this, apparently he noticed that someone was deleting posts, and drafted a profanity-filled response as to why we were censoring him. Censoring wasn't my intent, merely removal of waste, but I didn't notice that this profanity-filled post was new, and deleted it. (I thought it was one of the older posts- he had been pretty good about language after Ingo had told him clean up or leave)

He got up in a huff about it, and asked me if Ingo had done it, or ever done anything like that, and I told him the truth- Ingo doesn't censor the Pub, but he's not the only one who can delete posts. I even tried to tell him that I was the one who deleted his posts, and that it accidently included the new post... but I don't think he really heard it. He was all self-righteous about being censored, and ready to storm out.

So he left.

And then pretty much everyone else started posting again- Gabe came back, AJ introduced herself to our favorite watering hole, and traffic started to climb again.

Which brings us to here. More or less.

-KV
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 10:08:02 AM »

Kid_Vid the Giant Killer.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 11:12:58 AM »

I just wish I could meet some of the folks who left.  They sound interesting.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 11:35:42 AM »

Well, if you hang out long enough, you just might. Old-Timers have a way of popping up every once in a while. Fortune's been out since PB2K and there are others who kind of drifted off for whatever reason before then or during that time who can't really be counted as old-timers, but who were, nevertheless, damn fine company at the Pub. I happen to miss Eve and Janus Neckbreaker. A flirty little tart and a red-horned troll are kind of tought to replace. Of course, I just saw some newbie going by the name of Sexangel, so I'm kind of hopefull there. ;)

Gabriel

PS - Anyone ever think about starting an MIA thread?

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 11:57:42 AM »

Actually, Janus died in-character, so his player was planning to replace him with a new personality... and kind of wandered off.

Perhaps this could be the MIA thread?

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 12:09:27 PM »

Hell NO!!!! I'm not smearing PB2K's name on anything I can help. How about we start a new one. Give me a bit of time to write up something appropriate.

Gabriel

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 12:28:11 PM »

He was so self centered I thought he disappeared up his own existance.  
I'm with Gabe on this topic - not vehemently perhaps but if this was a ball game I'd be playing catcher for Gabe's team.
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 12:34:54 PM »

YES!!!! Great Ghost!! I've been waiting for three years to hear you say you'd play "catcher" for me!!!!!

Gabriel

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 02:09:09 PM »

Can I play left field?

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 03:21:06 PM »

Well, you should. You're way out there anyway.

;D

Just kidding- but it was too perfect to pass up. ;D

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7653 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.