Shadowrun Pub

• May 19, 2024, 12:49:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: now this is funny  (Read 2507 times)

AJStarhiker

• Runner
  • I much prefer ice and snow to sand and rock.
Re:now this is funny
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 02:49:01 PM »

I didn't say putting it in a high-traffic spot didn't make sense, just that it'd be more likely to do what it's supposed to if it isn't found first.

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 04:19:42 PM »

yeah, would be simple enough to hide it where it would do the most damage and not be found at the same time. one example from long long ago was guy planted bomb in the basket of a little girls bike and chained it up against a lamp post, when car he was targeting went by he triggered it, there was a couple pound slab of copper in the basket facing the street, the chunk nailed the car, an armored limo, flipped it and took out the guy intended, and only the guy intended, couple injuries, but nothing horrific. Could have been worse if decided to make it a sharpnel one...

All in all the whole situation seems pretty stupid. though if i was in the guys who put those things up shoes, i never would have seen this coming either. i would have atleast try to make the battery pack look like something more then an electical tape wrapped brick of something. maybe even put in the name of the show. eh..
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

AJStarhiker

• Runner
  • I much prefer ice and snow to sand and rock.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 08:17:46 PM »

I think I might've heard about that one.  The guy used a laser sensor or something to make sure the timing was right.

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 02:52:54 AM »

i dont know bout a laser sensor, was at a rather busy road or something. could have been one switched on last moment by remote, who knows.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 05:23:50 AM »

Too many people have been programmed by George "It's got to be terrortists" Bush into letting their fears override common sense for me to feel anything but disgust for these people.

Override their what?  :P

In any case, following this incident, if for some reason I wanted to plant a bomb somewhere I would dress it up as a cute little electric sign and put it on the side of the road where no-one would suspect.

Frankly I'm not surprised that something like this happened, in the current environment.  For the past 6 years at least, people have been fed a staple of 'they're coming to get you!', so much so that I'm surprised they haven't issued personal bomb-scanners so you can check under your car before you leave for work in the morning.
Having said that, putting a sign on the side of the road shouldn't really cause the paranoia that this has.  Well, if it spelt out the exact time of the alien invasion, maybe.  But if it had been something more than a sign, better to be cautious rather than be reporting on hundred killed in bomb blasts around Boston...
~:poison: ~

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 02:47:57 AM »

Well, it's not like we don't keep hearing about all the insidious bombs that are being used over in Iraq.

And I think the picture they used, which was slightly more sinister than it sounds like- It's a moonite, but I had to go look it up, because I even watch some shows on adult swim, and I had never seen one- the thing is a pissed-off looking little guy giving you the finger. I wouldn't honestly say that fear would be my first response, but I would be a little uncomfortable with this thing giving me the finger while I was waiting for the train.

Even if I was completely comfortable with a strange sign giving me the finger, why wouldn't I call the police and ask them to make sure it wasn't a bomb?

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 04:03:05 AM »

Indeed.  I'm not at all surprised that someone called the cops.  Even before the world went nuts, eventually someone would call an official to get it taken down - either that or they'd 'appropriate' it for themselves...
~:poison: ~
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7729 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 16 queries.