Shadowrun Pub

• May 19, 2024, 11:39:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 223   Go Down

Author Topic: paddin  (Read 142480 times)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re:paddin
« Reply #1890 on: May 06, 2005, 03:52:58 PM »

Actually, I think the problem isn't that the politicians have been dipping into it as a slush fund, but rather the assumption made many years ago by Eisenhower, that there would be an equil or greater number of young people paying into SS while the number of old people (who tend to die) would be an ever decreasing number.
this will be turned upside down when the baby boomers all retire at once. there will be MANY more people getting it, than people putting into it. also, with advances in medicne, people are living longer, and not taking themselves out of the equation by dieing.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #1891 on: May 06, 2005, 07:02:58 PM »

True enough, but quite frankly, I'm not inclined to continue paying for Social Security if I never reap the benefits.  I respect my elders more than most, but it's simply not fair that they saved for their retirement, and we continue to pay for their retirement, but by the time my retirement rolls around, the amount I put into it won't matter and, most likely, no one will be paying for it anymore from the younger generation, either.

I think I should move to Canada... I truly feel ripped off in a bad way, before the fact, of course.
"There goes one of God's own prototypes, some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production . . . too weird to live, and too rare to die." — Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #1892 on: May 06, 2005, 07:41:31 PM »

Now, I know my own personal smilie on these boards is a ways off, but I found something I can work on while I am on the journey to earning one.

Could this be made into a viable smilie?  Can it be used as the model for a smilie?  And does anyone have any advice on creating a smilie?  I'd like to do the work myself if at all possible.

Also, I might want to use my very own avatar for a smilie.  The Power Armor head.  That might work better than the G.E.C.K., but again, any advice on how to make it happen?

Thanks.
"There goes one of God's own prototypes, some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production . . . too weird to live, and too rare to die." — Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #1893 on: May 07, 2005, 03:53:15 AM »

Well, mainly I wonder if the dear prez knows what the hell he is doing.

No, I have to admit being under the impression that he does not.
The alternative is malicious will, and I don't like to think that.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Reply #1894 on: May 07, 2005, 06:06:30 AM »

Now, I know my own personal smilie on these boards is a ways off, but I found something I can work on while I am on the journey to earning one.

Could this be made into a viable smilie?  Can it be used as the model for a smilie?  And does anyone have any advice on creating a smilie?  I'd like to do the work myself if at all possible.

Also, I might want to use my very own avatar for a smilie.  The Power Armor head.  That might work better than the G.E.C.K., but again, any advice on how to make it happen?

Thanks.

I guess you could. Gotta wait on Apoc or Ingo to answer though. They are the last word here
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #1895 on: May 07, 2005, 08:55:12 AM »

I don't want it NOW, Jester.  I want it after I get 1000 posts.

I want to CREATE it now.

And get a little help making it, because i really don't know much about it.  :)

NeoPaladin

• Multilayered Security Freak
  • Runner
  • Sereg Gurth a Rog
    • Darkrelic Shadowland
« Reply #1896 on: May 07, 2005, 09:00:41 AM »

No way, your smilie is chosen for you. Even Ingo didn't get to pick his own.

Paladin
"Don't think. Just move."

Sans Peur, Voila Non Courage.

http://seattle.darkrelic.net

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #1897 on: May 07, 2005, 10:20:11 AM »

Hmmmm... I see.

Well, there are no pre-existing Fallout smilies, so it'd have to be made for me... which kind of irks me, but then I'm not even there yet, right?

On a side note, could we add a few more "regular" smilies, mayhap?  Perhaps a "laughing" smilie.  There's a bunch you can gank from other boards that are the same format as ours.

Just a thought.

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #1898 on: May 07, 2005, 12:54:11 PM »

I've been mulling this over today, and I hope no one is offended by my already thinking about having my own icon on the board.  I just like to have "sets" of things, like Fallout avatar, Fallout sig, Fallout pithy saying, Fallout custom title (soon), etcetera.  The icon is just another piece I eventually want for my little trinket collection.  I know it's a sort of informal status symbol here, so I want to let you know I am not trying to step on anyone's toes here.

Overall, this board is unique in the fact the FNGs aren't persecuted.  On no other private board have I been treated with such respect by the veterans.  So, I'm here to stay; thus, I am planning ahead for an icon.  (Even though I can't choose it myself, as I now know).  I'm not trying to take over, or anything.  ;D

luna

« Reply #1899 on: May 08, 2005, 05:12:32 AM »

cant wait to see mine :-\

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #1900 on: May 08, 2005, 01:41:17 PM »

Yeah, what's the status on luna's icon?  I didn't hear anything about it...  :-X

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #1901 on: May 08, 2005, 01:44:31 PM »

Two more posts after this and I've got 501 posts.

So um, I'm padding for REAL for the first time.

I'll try to make it as interesting as possible.  :)

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #1902 on: May 08, 2005, 01:47:56 PM »

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #1903 on: May 08, 2005, 01:48:57 PM »

Paddin' Post #2

Lady Can Pop Out Own Eyeballs at Will

EDIT: So yes, now I will choose my 500-post title and PM it to Ingo Monk.  Unless I'm not allowed to choose my custom title, in which case, I'll be VERY sad.   :'(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 01:56:40 PM by Pip-Boy 2000 »

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #1904 on: May 08, 2005, 01:59:17 PM »

Oh, and I believe I owe some Karma to Ruski... and I know I told someone else... I'll have to remember who.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 223   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7729 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 15 queries.