Shadowrun Pub

• May 16, 2024, 08:35:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to Denver (OOC)  (Read 54200 times)

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Re: Welcome to Denver (OOC)
« Reply #495 on: September 05, 2012, 12:47:48 AM »

Post updated. I'm going to bed.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #496 on: September 05, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »

Bull, I don't understand your last post:
The clink clink and sound of really large spinning coins makes Kinsey forgo valor and run like hell.  Praying the whole way he doesn't just get shot in the back or the face by laser boy over there.

OOC: Yeah I seek cover quickly though ironically I don't think it breaks my counterspelling at all.  Oh and did a resamurai only I had a good angle on go ouchouch my head and fall over dead or is it still a full unit (ok maybe four guys and a headless one).

You haven't cast your spell yet (this would be the initiative pass where you would do it), so you still only have 1 box of Stun damage from casting Quickened Reflexes on yourself.

You're already behind cover (you took cover the end of last round, next to Ruski and his buddy), with the flimsy counter being the best (only) cover in the building aside from doorways. If you were to try the mens room, you would find out that someone (the manager) is holding it shut from the other side, and Scarlet is currently sticking her barrel out of the ladies' room and spraying the opening with lead.

Sorry everyone, I still couldn't access my maptools campaign for this game, I asked Curris for some help with it but I haven't heard back yet and I didn't feel up to re-creating the map from scratch last night at midnight. I know maps help for us visual learners. :)

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #497 on: September 05, 2012, 11:41:36 AM »

I misunderstood I thought we were at the third pass of the initiative round not just the second pass.  So I can cast my spell then move to the counter on my third pass.

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #498 on: September 05, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »

Cuz my brain works slower when I'm not getting paid I want to make sure I'm caught up.....The grenades were thrown in phase 3.1 to detonate @ the beginning of 3.2, yes/no?

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #499 on: September 06, 2012, 11:29:20 AM »

Cuz my brain works slower when I'm not getting paid I want to make sure I'm caught up.....The grenades were thrown in phase 3.1 to detonate @ the beginning of 3.2, yes/no?

Not at the beginning, at initiative 12 in the next pass (right before the Red Samurai make their actions for their 2nd pass).

Quote from: SR4pg155
Timing Grenades
As noted under Timed Items and Initiative (p. 145), a grenade detonates
on the next Initiative Pass using the Initiative Score of the character
who threw it (unless the attacker is using an airburst link, see p. 322,
in which it detonates on that Action Phase).

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Curris

• Grunt
  • We come in Peace! ( whisper ) Shoot to kill, men..
« Reply #500 on: September 07, 2012, 05:10:46 PM »

Sorry for the delay in my response. I had to move cubicles at work, and had to attend to guests at home.

KV -> I sent a message today about maptools. It's a java issue. Either downgrade/uninstall back to Java 6, or play with your mt.cfg file to path to Java 6

As for an upcoming character concept, I always tend to play hackers/magicians, so I figured I'd try something new. I've been gunners before, so I'm more planning on making a face-type character.

I have most of a writeup complete, and I'll post it later tonight. Thinking a Type-A Personality low/midlevel businessman with unlikely aspirations of corporate takeover. Born into Middle class, and well educated, he's seen his father work his desk job for years, without going anywhere, and it's obvious that he's headed for the same path. Additionally, his corporate styled western job clashes with his Native American roots, so there's that. So, he plans on breaking out of the drudgery by making enough money to elevate himself, and be his own boss. Taking contacts from his upscale, but ineffectual education, childhood friends, and insider trading partners. He wants to make enough money to make it on his own, surpass his father (who may or may not be a overbearing ubermensch of misplaced work ethic in lieu of family values), and settle down with the American Dream of ruling all that you can see. Fortunately, he knows that no business succeeds without getting its hands dirty, and he's ready to take to the shadows. However, he does plan on retiring (some day), and so takes good care of his record - - "Only the dumb criminals get caught."

Basically,
Super competitive business man looking for an edge meets Also, he's a dwarf.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:13:35 PM by Kid_Vid »
By reading this, you have just given me temporary control of your brain. . .

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #501 on: September 07, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »

So: a NAN (Indian entitlement) dwarf(short man complex), who hates his father (dad issues), with aspirations of becoming a corporate shark (no morality) who is a face (liar), and will burn his whole team to keep his record clean, so he can retire some day?
Well, it'll be interesting to be in a group with him... and all those flaws should give him some mean edges... going to have to watch him like a hawk though...
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #502 on: September 07, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »

I appreciate the original concept... but maybe 'plays well with others' would be a good way to think of a character to add to the group? Maybe someone who wants a bunch of runner contacts in his pocket, should he ever need to get his hands dirty again?

Some reason to justify why A) he wouldn't immediately screw over his team for a pat on the head from many megacorps, or B) Why they wouldn't shoot him in the face for his obvious tendency to do Option A?

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #503 on: September 07, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »

Also, was I not clear about the Red Samurai?

They're not inside the building yet- they're barely out of their heavily armored APC. If I wanted to be technical about it, they're not in line of sight for any of you (unless Bull wants to try for the spellslinging in the place that cooks your brain). I don't want to take away anyone's cool actions... but they're not lining up to get shot like ducks. These are efficient and experienced killers; not only that, they're also used to working together as a team. No 'everyone scatter and look for cover save their own hoops' or anything like that- if someone needs to take some fire to accomplish the objective, they'll do it.

The picture I posted of the Red Samurai was for reference and artistic merit, not because these guys are suddenly toe-to-toe with you and standing there waiting to get shot. I'll post an updated map to reflect the fact that all the targets are still outside.

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #504 on: September 07, 2012, 09:49:54 PM »

Posted an updated map and some clarification text.

http://ingomonk.bullhonkie.com/forums/index.php?topic=2721.msg72607#msg72607

Sorry for the confusion.

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Curris

• Grunt
  • We come in Peace! ( whisper ) Shoot to kill, men..
« Reply #505 on: September 07, 2012, 11:20:28 PM »

Maybe someone who wants a bunch of runner contacts in his pocket, should he ever need to get his hands dirty again?
This is exactly it. The thing is, he will play well with others. In fact, I'm semi planning him to have a pacificist streak (Tasers & Narcoject!). Because he doesn't want anything too ruinous on his record(s). Thefts can be erased with enough money, even kidnappings. Murders tend to stick though. . . So, let's say tactically ethical? The rest will be covered by a fistful of SINs, hopefully enough to keep his public nose clean.

He doesn't plan to be backstabby, per se. He knows that going the extra mile for a friend in need can sometimes give you two miles when you need it. He needs allies. More than he thinks he needs. One doesn't make the next AAA megacorp (ha-ha, keep dreaming!) without friends in high, low, and odd places. And as for the other megacorps, his opinion would be as close to Public-Relations-Neutral to idealistic arrogant dismissal. After all, they represent the wasteful western corporate consumerism; of course he can do their job better, (hypocrisy). He likes money, but doesn't want to owe the other corps anything, nor be their puppet. He's organization based, but his organization takes priority (being friends, family, and co-workers (other runners). As for the hates father thing. . . Well, hate is the wrong word. He wants to avoid the situation he is in. He wants to do better than him, as a goal. Not to crush his dad.

In short. I do plan for him to be a team player. And he's still in the planning stages, so feel free to add more feedback.

Also, if the map is updated, does that mean the your Maptools is working again?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:56:06 PM by Curris »
By reading this, you have just given me temporary control of your brain. . .

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #506 on: September 08, 2012, 06:52:27 AM »

Yes, your tip for maptools did the trick. Well, downgrading java, running maptools, and then re-upgrading did the trick. If you could give me more notes on setting Maptools to run on the older version of Java, I would appreciate it- I couldn't get that to work.

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #507 on: September 08, 2012, 08:24:12 AM »

Okay, so this is what I have down for actions so far:

First Action (pre-explosion)
Drone: 16 @ 3 passes – blow up wall, enter combat, locate target
Scarlet: 16 @ 1 pass – perception check, looking for trouble
Sly: 15 @ 1 pass – runs toward food prep counter
Galbraith: 15 @ 1 pass – Gives armored jacket to Rastire
Dubois: 15 @ 1 pass (VR) – Dives prone, goes full VR
Kinsey: 12 @ 1 pass  -  Casts Increased Reflexes (takes 1 stun)

Round 1, IP 1
Drone: 16 @ 3 passes – full auto wide burst on Rastire
Scarlet: 16 @ 3 passes – full-auto long burst, 14DV w/4 successes
Sly: 15 @ 3 passes – finish getting behind cover, buckle on gas mask
Galbraith: 15 @ 3 passes – retrieve pack, get shotgun
Dubois: 15 @ 3 passes (VR) – Brute-force attack on Drone Firewall
Kinsey: 12 @ 3 passes  - Prone, movement

Round 1, IP 2
Drone: 16 @ 3 passes – Full Auto Wide Burst on Scarlet (6DV, -1AP, 2 Successes, Wide Burst -5 dice for Scarlet's defense)
Scarlet: 16 @ 3 passes – Long burst, XX DV w/5 successes
Sly: 15 @ 3 passes – set up Laser Rifle
Galbraith: 15 @ 3 passes – Shotgun @ Drone; AP -1, DV 7 + 4 (vital area) + hits (3)
Dubois: 15 @ 3 passes (VR) – Jam on the Fly
Kinsey: 12 @ 3 passes  - Get behind cover, ready pistol

Round 1, IP 3
Scarlet: 16 @ 3 passes – reload, maybe move to cover
Sly: 15 @ 3 passes – call to his buddy, tell him to take cover.
Galbraith: 15 @ 3 passes – take a shot, drop gun and run for bag
Dubois: 15 @ 3 passes (VR) – continue hacking node
Red Samurai: 12 @ 3 passses - Enter combat
Kinsey: 12 @ 3 passes  - Ready Counterspell, astral perception

Round 2, IP 1
Scarlet: 16 @ 3 passes – From cover, lay down cover fire*
Sly: 15 @ 3 passes – Shootzor someone's face off
Galbraith: 15 @ 3 passes – Swap for sniper rifle
Dubois: 15 @ 3 passes (VR) – continue hacking node
Red Samurai: 12 @ 3 passses - chuck some grenades
** * WE ARE HERE  * ***
Kinsey: 12 @ 3 passes  - unclear

Quote from: GM Stuff
Kinsey, I have two opposite actions you have written, let me talk about both of them.
1) Almost unconciously shrugging his mage sight off he looks again and simply points his finger around the planter.  Doc never got why he did it he didn't either but he still needed something to help 'focus his will' so to speak.  Usually an open hand was all he needed for a manaball.  But a manabolt is more like a firing a bullet.  Thankfully it a lot more accurate than a gun and all that beautiful red armor did was absolutely nil.  Also no need to advertise his entire arsenal in a night.  Hell, his paycheck was going to be getting out alive.  Also he wasn't sure on the range of how far from the two guys by the wall and the APC.  And he really didn't want to piss off that elf.  All that running through his head as he felt that magic bullet forming and then letting it fly.
We went through the rules on spellcasting, partially to sort through your action, and partially to work out the rules in my mind (and correct one of my own mistakes). As a result, Kinsey's spell did 10 damage (some of it resisted), and he took 0 damage from the drain. To be clear, this hasn't happened yet, because it wouldn't happen until after the Red Samurai threw their grenades.

2) The clink clink and sound of really large spinning coins makes Kinsey forgo valor and run like hell.  Praying the whole way he doesn't just get shot in the back or the face by laser boy over there.
Yes and no. Taking full cover gives you additional dice for pretty much every defense, so does being prone. Breaking line of sight, however (like running the opposite direction) does actually stop counterspelling. Running is a good option, but you know what the map of McHughs is- where is Kinsey running to? There are four doors in this place- 1) the front entrance, 2) the men's room, 3) the ladies' room, 4) The Food storage/manager's office. Kinsey is currently between the two food prep counters, the only real cover in the entire McHughs restaurant.
I need a decision from Bull as to which action he wants to do, and then a new action for the next round.

I still need round 2.2 actions, so far I have this:
Posted actions for Round 2, IP 2:
Scarlet: 16 @ 3 passes – Lay down more cover fire (ooc NPC mookness)
Sly: 15 @ 3 passes – unknown
Galbraith: 15 @ 3 passes – Aim, Fire (I'm assuming delayed action for the Red Samurai team that will eventually come through the doorway- since they're not there yet)
Dubois: 15 @ 3 passes (VR) – Continue hacking for account on Renracu APC node
Red Samurai: 12 @ 3 passses - unknown
Kinsey: 12 @ 3 passes  - unknown

That's what I have. Any mistakes? Feel free to discuss.

- kv
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:26:28 AM by Kid_Vid »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
Welcome to Denver (OOC)
« Reply #508 on: September 08, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »

Run for cover thought I was clear with my post I just was unclear as to whether I could change actions mid pass also if that action took place before mine which it did and you clarified so my post of clink clink and running for it is accurate

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #509 on: September 09, 2012, 01:09:57 AM »

Where is Kinsey running to?

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7722 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 17 queries.