Shadowrun Pub

• May 17, 2024, 01:47:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to Denver (OOC)  (Read 54221 times)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Welcome to Denver (OOC)
« Reply #600 on: November 06, 2012, 03:33:56 PM »

Actually for clarification since my mage sight was active and the smoke was not anti magic I could of placed that blast right in the middle of them and might of still been out of range. 

Don't forget that I also killed all the civilians outside, the APC's soul, possibly the rigger since the door was open, and all the bacteria too since it is living organisms.  I might of blown you and myself all up but I gave all a clean bill of health for death too.  We be sanitized.

And with that test it is established that mages do not react well to ambushes.  Something that been established since AD&D.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #601 on: November 06, 2012, 05:45:09 PM »

Sly is still there? I thought I was on the roof?
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #602 on: November 06, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »

Actually for clarification since my mage sight was active and the smoke was not anti magic I could of placed that blast right in the middle of them and might of still been out of range. 

Don't forget that I also killed all the civilians outside, the APC's soul, possibly the rigger since the door was open, and all the bacteria too since it is living organisms.  I might of blown you and myself all up but I gave all a clean bill of health for death too.  We be sanitized.

And with that test it is established that mages do not react well to ambushes.  Something that been established since AD&D.

Yeah- that's why I asked for clarification, which you declined to provide, so I went with your last set of instructions, which were Force 8 Manaball halfway between you and the Red Samurai. And bacteria have HELLA willpower- how do you think the common cold survives? ;D

I was up late last night Ingo, and the walls were starting to move, so I think I may have just been tired. But the pictures are posting in the forum window, rather than waiting until I post; I couldn't edit the tags for the music after I posted the link; the text formatting was sticking for the whole post, rather than just the section(s) that I was working on (I had to type out half of the thing while centered, because it didn't look right with the picture and everything jammed to one side); lastly, I couldn't get the quote to cover more than one line of the 'gm stuff-' I edited it three times, was not successful any of those times at applying the 'quote' format to the entirety of the end section- it would just grab that first phrase (or less- when I gave up, it was quoting a null space), and nothing else.

I didn't recently upgrade firefox or anything else, so I was wondering if it was on your end.

- kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #603 on: November 07, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »

Massaged the post a little, how's it look now?

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #604 on: November 07, 2012, 06:10:24 PM »

That looks much better for me. I was only seeing half of the newest map until whatever you did. Thanks, Ingo.

KV, the map doesn't show Tin Man having moved around the table to get clear of the thermal smoke. Did 1 of the Reds follow me so I could test his armor or did he get nuked?

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #605 on: November 08, 2012, 10:13:15 AM »

Galbraith
Two of the red samurai survived unscathed, so you'll have a friend to box with. :D

That was just a repost of the previous map- I don't think Sly is moved either, and he's climbing onto the roof at this point.

Like I said, walls were moving, and I thought it was better to post than to wait.

Any other questions? Ingo, were you interested at all in hacking on the fly? We've kinda slowed down your hacking stuff to deal with the physical side of things, and Ruski was suggesting that we swap foes- so that it's not your group's hacker against their hacker, but your hacker versus their samurai, and your samurai versus their hacker. Or... pest control guy; you get the idea.

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #606 on: November 08, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »

Well, on the physical side I could try to kick the samurai in the shins, or shoot them with my light pistol?  I was hacking the APC because I planned to use the turret against them.  I don't have Gunnery, but at least it would be a decent distraction. 

I guess I could try to hack into a Samurai's PAN and start shutting down or locking out things... like smart guns and cybernetics.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #607 on: November 08, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »

Yea; thought it may be easier to hack smartlinks rather than toe-to-ho with a spider...
6 X 9 = 42

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #608 on: November 09, 2012, 10:07:01 AM »

Spoof commands are your friend- drop out clips, turn off helmet AR displays, turn off smartlinks, and start hacking the commlink to turn off cyberwear.

That is assuming Ingo rolls better than he has been. He should see what sort of bribery scheme BulletSponge has paid into, get in on that action. :)

Bull, would you rather start a solo thread and test out the new version of Kinsey, or jump ship completely and try out a new concept?

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #609 on: November 09, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »

Ingo, sorry, but I can't expose my contact. However, if you send the funds to me I'll do everything I can to get you the same deal I've got going.....

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #610 on: November 09, 2012, 02:38:10 PM »

This post is just because I'm celebrating my 50th post!  What kind of award do I get for it?  Is it cash?

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #611 on: November 09, 2012, 03:56:31 PM »

You get +1 karma from me. :)
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #612 on: November 10, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »

And one from me!
6 X 9 = 42

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #613 on: November 10, 2012, 09:23:01 PM »

Naw, I think my new design should work out better.  I kept trying to go with the glass cannon approach.  I now believe if I have an overwhelming urge to kill somebody I should let do one of three things a)shoot them with a gun b) let somebody else do the killing, or c)have them do it themselves.  There is also the option of not killing them which actually sounds better and better cause we have seen when I aim to kill it usually boomerangs me in the face.  I think part of my frustration is coming from this semester at college not necessarily magic.  Though I will say i prefer real dice (I even have a new kickass cube) to invisible castle.  I think we should just let BulletSponge should do all our rolls for us.

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #614 on: November 11, 2012, 05:24:41 PM »

KV, another question (well, maybe rewording of a previous question): How many actions did it take Tin Man to get around the table? 1 or 2 simples? Did any of the Reds follow out of the smoke, yet, or is TM still waiting to fire?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 50   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7723 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.