Shadowrun Pub

• May 15, 2024, 03:35:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pub will not die without a fight.  (Read 10262 times)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Re: The Pub will not die without a fight.
« Reply #330 on: September 13, 2021, 05:05:04 PM »

so.. for last week been sitting about waiting to hear from work on if im fired or not. I work as a janitor, and a general rule is "never clean desks" doesnt matter if there is a 6 foot high pile of crap on the desk, dont touch it. If they even think anything is missing and say "theft" your 90 percent likely to get fired.

Well, evidently this also means on anything near a desk. Security camera shows me picking up something small, white, and crumpled up, and putting it in my pocket. it was a bit of trash, we got big ole cargo pants cause its easy to just dump small things in there and empty then stop and carry it in your hand, or look around for another trash can, which you might have already emptied (and if you dump anything in, it obviously wasnt emptied at all) At a point you dont even think about it any more... Which is how i got a half eaten pouch of tuna dripping in my pocket once. Now i fill it with a plastic garbage bag as a liner to be safe.

anyways, security camera spotted it, and company complained, which admitedly, it does look bad. The sent the video to my company and said dont want me in the area any more, and work has to investigate or something to figure out what to do. So now im sitting around waiting to hear from the union, or work. or something.

not been a great week honestly.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2021, 07:00:00 AM »

So sorry, I feel your pain. Also lost a job to bullshit once...actually more than once, I just remembered the only other time I ever got cut loose - I was working as an assistant manager in a book store between high school and college, hired because I grasped how everything worked instantly.  It was an alphabet based system, it wasn't too taxing.  But when I actually took the managing part seriously and did things, streamlined processes, and made changes, making things run so much smoother, omg! the store manager was apparently so threatened, she told me things 'weren't  working out' and fired me the week before Christmas. I blinked at her and asked if she was seriously letting the assistant manager go the week before Christmas. Yup, she was.  The busiest retail week of the year, tells you about her brain power, eh? Especially since I was leaving in May, anyway. The rest of the crew however, made sure I took my Christmas bonus - $75 worth of books. No cash, they were cheap, but the crew - against policy charged be the employee discount price for the bonus books which were, of course, supposed to go at retail.  I got some very nice books that year.

I hope things work out for you and that sensible heads prevail, one hopes there are such heads out there still.  I mean there's us, so there must be others, right?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 07:03:20 AM by Zone »
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2021, 04:57:22 PM »

*Sigh*

Employers!
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
  • Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #333 on: September 18, 2021, 08:19:54 AM »

It?s amazing how the world works these days. I think all of us have been though the drek at one time or another. I could definitely give you my fair share but it?s not even worth justifying to write all the instances even the recent ones. I may have to write the one about what to my brother.
He?s a prison guard and been working a long time doing it. However, he was accused of abuse by some prisoners which led to an investigation, etc. long story short, he and a couple others are no longer guards there as they simply didn?t have proof and the prisoners word won out over theirs.
Simply it was not a good situation.

Personally, I try to take a different approach these days and just take things a day at a time and each each for what it is. I can only do what I can do and try not to worry about the rest that I can?t control. Know that doesn?t really help but I do hope things work out for you in the end. Hang in there chummer.
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #334 on: September 21, 2021, 06:19:46 AM »

UPDATE

On the morning of September 16, have broken out of chrysalis sometime around dawn when all witnesses were sensibly asleep, Mo the Monarch was carried out to the backyard in his bug box and allowed to dry his wings in the sun and wind. He was presented with a patch of goldenrod which he utterly ignored, launching on his maiden flight at 11:11 AM,  landing about 15 feet up on a leaf of a butternut tree in an obvious wtf! moment. He then flew off to wherever newly fledged Monarchs go.

As butterflies go he was pretty huge, having stayed a caterpillar about 2 days longer than average and in chrysalis 2-4 days longer than average, and if all the Monarch blogs are right, he was a he. And so we end the Saga of Mo, the rest can only be speculation.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 06:23:25 AM by Zone »
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #335 on: September 22, 2021, 02:59:20 AM »

Nice!
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #336 on: September 27, 2021, 09:55:13 AM »

So... lost my job. Took bout 3 weeks of bullshit. my employer used it as a chance to trim the crew as i think they want to get rid of the section as its not making money. Gave me deal of "resign and we wont protest your unemployment, or say anything bad against you, file grievence and we will fight it all we can and say absolutely nothing good" so i took the deal. managed to get my leftover vacation pay... Hopefully, it should come in friday.. (otherwise im fucked..) and trying to get the stuff with Unemployment worked out, but god damn if they arent the most unhelpful.

Searching about now, trying to find something decent but for damn if im not feeling just used up and burnt out. God damn union didnt do shit to help me either, just told me to take the deal as they "werent sure they could win". Most the help i did get was from the Managers and others i worked with.

now just.. kinda searching. if vacation pay goes through and the unemployment, might take kinda vacation, havent had one in over... god, since i started really looking for work so long ago..

Thankfully, and possibly ironicly, one thing i have to help support myself is an Excess of electronics and stuff from working at the airport. id find headphone and such then turn them into lost and found and fill out the paper work, if nobody claimed they would give them back (usually.. im sure quite a few things i turnd in just disappeared..) to me a couple months later. Quite a few pieces of fancy stuff, like bose headphones, ibeats, tablets, and so forth. just been gathering dust so might as well get them fully cleaned up and see what i can get on ebay. much less painful to sell then my RPG books, granted, couple of them are worth almost as much as those 350  dollar headphones...
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #337 on: September 28, 2021, 03:39:20 AM »

I must admit I don't fully understand the "resign and we wont protest your unemployment"-part. In a civilized country, surely your past employer has nothing to do with unemployment benefits?

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2021, 01:21:42 PM »

Simply, that just sucks. However, this seems to be happening across the board. If any of us can help a chummer, let us know. Will do what we can.
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2021, 05:20:58 PM »

If im remembering correctly, previous employer pays a tax thing on employees that are let go of "no fault of their own" and can protest it so they arent paying extra or something. Honestly not entirely sure but this is america where lots of the country seems to hold fine with "long as its not me fuck them".

That said... got an interview with security company tomorrow, though not to hopeful as they want military, police, or previous security experience, and mines kind of incidental as airport work.

But also just got off phone with janitor company offering lead cleaner position at an amazon warehouse! Doesnt pay as much, but still not bad. Told them i want to checl this other job before making a decision, but will let them know tomorrow.

Now just got antsy jitters at everything happening all at once!

Thabks for good wishes Peeps! Seems they came through!

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #340 on: September 29, 2021, 05:01:58 AM »

I just hope you'll find something Capt.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2021, 04:35:21 PM »

ha! well.. I just found something! Got security job with hospital close by. pays 21 an hour, 35 hours a week, ton of benefits and all! If anythin getting canned was a good thing for me now!

that said.. god damn im tired after that tension and everything, and am going to stuff my face with something thats hopefully food, and get a long nap in..

So if any of you lot are doing runs in a hospital, and see a suspiciously vampy looking security guard, i do ask you guys keep it quiet til "he" goes off shift...

Cause i need this job damn it;p

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #342 on: September 30, 2021, 03:29:29 AM »

Nice, 'grats!

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
« Reply #343 on: October 01, 2021, 09:54:02 PM »

I?m ecstatic to hear that it has worked out on a positive note. Always rooting for you. Didn?t notice any vamps last time I looked.  ;DI 

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #344 on: October 04, 2021, 04:44:30 PM »

Hehehe, just got all the training and such done. Fewer hours then expected, but still decent bit, and option for extra shifts. So should work out fine. Now just wait and see when first day on property is! Thanks for all the support Peeps! May good wishes in return to you and yours!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7708 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.