Shadowrun Pub

• May 19, 2024, 10:17:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The Next New Century  (Read 26640 times)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re:The Next New Century
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2005, 10:34:03 AM »

Yup. If anyone has ever paid any money for a thing, there is someone else who is willing to pay you to steal it.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2005, 02:42:12 PM »

Or fiddle with it so that it hurts a lot of people and market-share.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2005, 05:24:11 AM »

Everyone wants to pay you with product.
<snip!>
$400,000 worth of product, quickly becomes $200,000 street value, minus the 50% to move it quick, before you have to pay for another week at your local storage rental place. making it $100,000. then, when you calculate in the bribes you had to place to let the storage rental place let you store explosives without asking too many questions, buying new contacts so you could dump the stuff, hiring a decker to cover the datatrail so you don't have to worry about it coming back to bite you later, and the actual cost of preforming the run; your $100,000 turns into $50,000 ... split five ways.
so, people see that $400K tag, and think: "Wow! I'm going to be rich!" when they get the $10K at the end of the day... it's less impressive.

-RuskiFace the Pirate

True, but you're probably better off hanging on to the stuff and selling it in due course - you remove the 50% sell fast penalty.  That way it's $150K, or possibly $100K if you have to hang on for it for a while.  If you're not strapped for cash, you can at least double, perhaps even triple, your payday.
~:poison: ~

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2005, 09:44:12 AM »

In my runs, If PC's tryed to hold onto a warehouse full of ill-gotten salty stuffers for more than a week, things would start to go very badly for the supplies.
*shrug* that's just my evil way to motavate them to hurry up and start running again. (I don't play shadowrun to be a warehouse manager, they can go do that in the real world if they are so inclined)

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2005, 09:30:55 PM »

Hey, I figure, it's a role-playing game. I mean, my friends would always sell BTLs and bluebook everything against each other. Blue booking is where you write down a note and pass it to the GM. So my game quickly turned to meta-betrayal, where the player would get suspicious but I forced them to roleplay their character unknowlingly. That's great roleplaying.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2005, 08:21:30 AM »

not trusting your party is only good for so many games though.

i remember playing an 'under-dark' campaign way back when it was new and DnD was still exciting.

that atmosphere can kill friendships faster than screwing your buddy's girlfriend.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2005, 09:19:14 AM »

Eh, if the player's can't handle that type of game, then they weren't really friends to begin.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2005, 11:18:58 AM »

Well, perhaps you have an endless well of deep and personal relatonships to draw friends from like so much water thats all arround us.

personally, I live in a world with too few true friends. I have perhaps one or at most two buddies that would really qualify as 'friends' in that sence of the world, and even they aren't always available for a game.

inorder to pull a group together, at least for me; requires oodles of compramize. I have to let the elf pozer play an elf, and I have to let him have a magic bow. I have to make sure that certan people don't die, because if they do, they'll leave, and take the guy playing the healer with them. I have to make sure to fudge dice aghinst the people playing underpowerd PC's, so they can keep up with the munchkin with the minigun (who I fudge things aghinst, to make it hard enoug to actually be fun)

*shrug*

it's a lot of work and perhaps why I don't game as much as I'd like.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2005, 03:25:31 PM »

True, fudging is necessary some times. It's hard letting characters die, that's for sure.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2005, 11:22:56 AM »

Yea. nothing kills a run like having all the PC's die. LOL

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2005, 01:34:59 PM »

Unless it's the last game in the campaign.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2005, 02:05:04 PM »

or the last game with that group. ever.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2005, 10:48:19 AM »

You know, back to the payment with good thing, how many of you have actually been paid in cyberware that was also installed by the customer???

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2005, 07:45:55 PM »

Er... Not many, but I did need that liver transplant and his blood type matched so...

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2005, 11:15:17 AM »

I had a PC who used this situation to fill out his background. He had Aztechnology install some beta-grade bone lacing (Titanium) as part of the payment for a run in the Yucatan. When the run was done and the cargo had been delivered, the Azzies popped the cortex bombs that they had also implanted in the merc team. Klaxon's bomb didn't fully detonate, partially because of a snafu between surgeons installing his lacing and suregeons installing his cortex bomb. He ended up left for dead, but ended up in Seattle 2 y ears later with no memory of the events and a Level 8 (yes LEVEL 8!!!!!) Mexican Food Knowledge Skill and a partially detonated cortex bomb. I always thought it was good back-story, but I wondered how many others might have take the "installation" option when being paid in chrome.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7731 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 15 queries.