Shadowrun Pub

• May 20, 2024, 03:30:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to Denver (OOC)  (Read 54343 times)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
Re: Welcome to Denver (OOC)
« Reply #675 on: December 22, 2012, 02:29:22 PM »

Sorry if I am coming off as some sort of nay sayer or devil's advocate here.

It seems to me we may be making the smartgun and smartlink system smarter than they are.  Also one of the problems with the smartgun/link system is that if he doesn't have them plugged directly in that means wireless and that means he can be hacked.  It's harder than hell but I did pull it with a hacker I played once and did a simple command switch of friends to foes and foes to friends which prevented the guy from shooting at us at all.

Now onto the quote on Recoil note that it says action phase not initiative pass.  This means that he would get a -1 if he fires the same gun in the same initiative pass.  Bullet Sponge may have already made this point but also look at page 147 of SR4A where it states: Note that single-shot weapons may be fired only once per Action Phase.  Likewise, only one long burst may be fired in each Action Phase.  So if he has more than one initiative pass per action phase even with two SS pistols he only firing two rounds (one from each pistol).  I believe this is where the movie magic type stuff hits because you know big heavy revolvers kick like mules and it takes a second or two to line back up just from that.  I mean if you read the descriptor on the Super Warhawk it's a Dirty Harry quote. 

That's true about the wireless smartlinks, but that can easily be bypassed by using a skinlink system, or cables as you mentioned.

I think you may be confusing Initiative Passes and Action Phases.  When you roll initiative you determine when you go in the Combat Turn.  When it's your turn, it's your action phase and you get to do stuff.  If you have more passes, that means on your next pass you get an action phase, and again on the next pass and so on. 

For example, let's say you have initiative score of 15 with 2 passes and another guy had 10 with 1 pass.  On 15 of pass 1 you get your action phase to perform your actions, then on 10 of pass 1 the other guy gets his action phase.  On the second pass at 15 you get another action phase to perform actions but at 10 the other guy does not since he only has one pass.

In essence on each pass that you have you get an action phase.  So in this situation Bullet Sponge gets to shoot each of his revolvers once per pass, so that's 2 shots per pass.  If he were using semi-auto pistols he could be shooting them the exact same way, or he could shoot them simultaneously (split dice pools) twice in a action phase for a total of 4 shots (recoil counts on the second shots).

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #676 on: December 22, 2012, 05:45:28 PM »

Ah that makes more sense thank you for the clarification.  I honestly could not remember about that point.  I know that as Doc I used increased reflexes and took multiple shots but there were occasions where I let my more gun heavy teammates go wild and I just stood behind some cover taking a few passes to aim and then fire.  It actually worked one time as I took some guy in the head with a very nice shot from my revolver.  Then a few sessions later I shot a fellow teammate in the head after he betrayed us.  Same results as a manbolt shot to the brain = brain death. 

That is why I don't get the big guns with shadowrunners.  They are big unwieldy giant pieces of metal that are a pain in the ass to hide.  They do do a lot of damage but I could get almost the same results with a modified SMG and the right ammo type.  I learned in my first shadowrun game that bigger does not necessarily equal better. 

However, lets get right back to the point of Bullet Sponge.  MAKE THE CHARACTER CHUMMER! WE'RE WITH YA!!!

Make something you would really want to play not something that will make us all happy.  So far I have technically botched the same mage twice but I am still having fun going "Hmmm, maybe this will .....ack no bad plan.  Okay new plan ack nope that wasn't right either."  I will admit I think I will be giving this just a few more tries before I am like "Bleep it let me try my bioware street sam."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:22:01 PM by bull30548 »

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #677 on: December 24, 2012, 11:04:26 AM »

Out of paranoia I already put personalized grips on both pistols to cover for recoil (1 pt recoil comp on each pistol so it doesn' matter which hand fires first) so the recoil per pass issue is already accounted for. As far as him being a super stud with the pistols, in his current semi-built status he has 11 dice for his revolvers specialty (or 9 for other pistols) without any smartlink bonuses. Definitly not horrible, but not scary good, either. I can survive without the smartlink. He's an physad, so his smartlink is through his goggles. I'm ok with not having the 'link for the pistols or only having it on one hand. Maybe I'll use it on the second shot each pass in case I shoot at a second target to balance out for the second target -2 penalty. That way it would just keep me even.

Bull, when I said light versus heavy gun I meant light versus heavy MACHINE gun. I ended up going with the White Knight because it has great recoil comp and is less expensive.

Subtlety is NOT his strong suit. I intend to get a grenade launcher and an assault cannon when I can get the resources and contacts together. His job is to provide cover fire and/or a distraction while the more tactical members of the team do the real job. His favorite t-shirt says "Hey, look @ me!" Even his melee combat lacks finesse. He wields a claymore.

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #678 on: December 24, 2012, 02:02:53 PM »

Oh, I was just making a suggestion as far as what machine gun.  HK XM30 and Steyr AUG-CSL are two weapons that have variable configurations.  As I said this may help you be subtle up to the point to not be subtle.  Have a nice vehicle like a Step Van and some smuggling compartments to hide the big parts and ammo in it.  Pop out the parts modify the weapon to suit the scenario and go to town.  Just thinking about our area of operation like Denver with all it's security checkpoints.  Now as for getting bigger a better boom booms if Denver still a smuggler paradise then you shouldn't have an issue there.  Then you can have weapon stashes all over Denver in the different sectors.  However, I know we might get the Karma rain we might not be getting the money train.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #679 on: January 01, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »

Update is there, feel free to post new actions. I've heard that BulletSponge will have limited access for a little bit, so I'll try and keep him alive. Kinsey is dead, and that leaves Sly and Eric to decide actions and then we'll move on!

- kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #680 on: January 02, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »

Yay! I'm alive! I'm alive! Still alive! LOL
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #681 on: January 03, 2013, 08:49:40 AM »

Um... Death rattle....

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #682 on: January 03, 2013, 10:28:30 AM »

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #683 on: January 04, 2013, 10:41:17 AM »

That rattle was for Bull, by the way.

I promised mi esposa that I would take down Christmas lights today, but after that I'll be free to post, and I'll get to putting together opening posts for the side-thread forays.

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #684 on: January 04, 2013, 12:19:49 PM »

Woohoo! I've been busy, but I'll write a good run up to the roof post here shortly...
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #685 on: January 05, 2013, 03:07:27 PM »

Sorry guys I've been way busy since the beginning of December it seems.  I even had a week long shutdown at work at the end of December but still couldn't find time for anything hahaha!  Hopefully things will clear up a bit soon :(

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #686 on: January 07, 2013, 10:09:09 AM »

It's okay, I have a baby due in the next couple of weeks, so I may suddenly go missing for a little while in the near future. It may also turn out that I have more time to post once the little one gets here, since we won't be going out to dinner much (or at all).

I will still try and get all the side-threads set up this week, so we can go forward at our own leisurely pace, and work on the main thread as things move along.

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #687 on: January 09, 2013, 10:07:30 AM »

Posted the side-threads (called 'Wanderings') for Ingo and Ruski- and I'm working on the one for Bull, and possibly one for BulletSponge, since he wants to be an LMG-wielding tank-destroying troll physad; that last one might be a little tougher than the rest of them.

Feel free to post comments here about the threads, but let's keep the wanderings threads In-Character, please.

I'll also be trying to get the combat update done this week- probably not tonight.

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #688 on: January 09, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »

So I have been giving this some thought and I apologize KV but I really want to play something.  It based on a lot of the stories in the chapters of the books.  I am going to make reference to a few of the stories so you have an idea what I am going for.  It was something that really sparked my interest.  It what makes me interested in playing a magical character.  Street Magic Chapter One short story in The Awakened World. SR4 20th Anniversary Chapter Five short story Creating a Shadowrunner and Last Chapter Night Shift.  I mean I really want to play somebody fresh and not like the uber experienced runner or the ultimate magic badass.  I want to have the talent and even maybe have little skill with the talent.  To be honest I always like playing characters that started with one skill set like a gun runner and then evolved to something else.  Like Arca my fave started out as a simple vehicle rigger turned smuggler turned into building/drone super security rigger of awesome.  My ganger turned phys adept learned honor and the ways of a samurai and became team leader of his own team.  My simple weapon smith turned into a weapon bomb expert runner that modded out the teams guns.  I am just having trouble finding my Kinsey started here and thinking I might need to switch out his back story.  I went surfing through and found something that I like to try if I could.  It would switch out Kinsey's backstory and stats.  It seems like a better build, it not the combat mage but the former corporate wage mage out of Shadowrun 2050 with a few modifications to update him to the modern age.  So thoughts and slap me for it?

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #689 on: January 09, 2013, 02:32:18 PM »

I would think that the quicker you find something you are happy with so you can stick with it and eliminate the eeny-meeny-miney-moe the easier it will be for KV to forgive the indicisiveness.

Of course, I have to say "Hi, Kettle. My name is Pot."
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7731 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 14 queries.