Shadowrun Pub

• May 19, 2024, 03:47:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 25618 times)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Re:Heroes
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2006, 10:40:38 AM »

Again, see what I'm saying? Of course it's not really important, but it still sounds cool: Dead Man's Hand.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2006, 11:11:23 AM »

(from Wikipedia)
On August 2, 1876, while playing poker at Nuttal & Mann's "Saloon No. 10" in Deadwood (then part of the Dakota Territory but on Indian land), Hickok could not find an empty seat in the corner, where he always sat in order to protect himself against sneak attacks from behind, and instead sat with his back to the door; unfortunately, his previous caution proved wise, as he was shot in the back of the head with a .45-caliber revolver by Jack McCall. Legend has it that Hickok's hand in poker was a Pair of Aces, and a pair of Eights, with the fifth card disputed. The fifth card was either unknown, or some say that it was not dealt yet, and the game was interrupted by Hickok getting shot.

The motive for the killing is still debated. McCall may have been paid for the deed, it may have just been the result of a recent dispute. But most likely, McCall, in a drunken rage, became enraged over what he perceived as a condescending offer from Hickok to let him have enough money for breakfast after he had lost all his money playing poker the previous day. McCall claimed at the resulting two-hour trial (by a motley group of assembled miners and businessmen) that he was avenging Hickok's earlier slaying of his brother and was acquitted, resulting in the Black Hills Pioneer editorializing:

"Should it ever be our misfortune to kill a man ... we would simply ask that our trial may take place in some of the mining camps of these hills"

McCall was subsequently rearrested after bragging about his deed, and a new trial was held. The authorities did not consider this to be double jeopardy because Deadwood at the time was an illegal city due to several laws that made it against the law to settle on Indian land, although many people did anyway. The new trial was held in American territory, in Yankton, South Dakota. Hickok's brother, Lorenzo Butler Hickok, traveled from Illinois to attend the retrial. This time McCall was found guilty and hanged. After his execution it was determined that McCall had never even had a brother.
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2006, 09:12:43 AM »

Anyway, speaking of heroes, was it just me, or was the hot stripper mom revealed to be a villian?

Was she killed, or what?

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2006, 10:27:57 AM »

You know, I think the "stripper" might be the alternate personality. If Mr. Glasses has already messed with her (and her tattoo seems to point to that) then the memory-erasing guy he runs with may have programmed in the "mild mannered" personality as a better alibi for the alternate personality a.k.a. Nikki. And I don't think she's dead, but I love the Vision-esque trick of partially solidifying a hand inside her chest. Or maybe he squeezed her heart until it stopped. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and as for Mohender's neighbor, all I have to say is I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I knew that little slitch was a spy. I hope she gets her head blown off.

Anyway, i can't wait to see the next episode.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2006, 12:28:04 PM »

hahahah... and Hiro wants a sword now. ;D

That's the coolest paradox loop that I've ever heard of. :D
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

AJStarhiker

• Runner
  • I much prefer ice and snow to sand and rock.
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2006, 12:34:12 PM »

No kidding.  "I had a sword!"

An what about the whole thing with the cheerleader's 'biological' parents?  How much you want to bet they're collegues of or paid off by Glasses?

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2006, 12:36:58 PM »

Well, they did say as much on the walk out to thier car.

Apparently Sylar isn't allied with glasses, though- he wants Isaac (the junkie claravoiant) under observation, and Sylar wanted to eat his brain.

Is anyone else reading the webcomics for this show?

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2006, 12:38:13 PM »

No, but that's because I forget to check the site when I'm online.

swirler

• FNG
  • Yippy Flippin Skippy
    • goofygeeks
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2006, 12:57:37 PM »

yeah i knew the neighbor was a spy too
I kept hopin she wasnt but I freakin knew it

to me as for the DL phasing thing
looked like he went into her stomach and came out the top of her chest and grabbed her throat

I think he just sent her into shock or "put a sleeper" on her
"I used to think the brain was the most interesting part of the body. Then I realized, look what's telling me that..."

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2006, 01:19:43 PM »

You know, I thought it was his other hand choking her, but I like your idea much better. And I think you may be right about her being in shock. I seriously doubt we've seen the last of Little Sally Psycho Stripper.

Gabriel

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2006, 03:16:47 PM »

Yeah, but you don't know that.

I mean, the forums at NBC are full of people who are like: "You can't kill her! I like her!" but... why not kill her? It makes for good plot device, and it's not something people will expect.

Like, if they get to New York, and aren't able to save the Cheerleader, and everything goes wrong anyway?

Of course, with Hiro's do-over, then it won't matter, but it's a cool thought. The best writing on TV (or in movies) is the stuff you never see coming.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2006, 04:56:25 AM »

his hand did go all the way through to choke her. I like the charecter but I agree with KV, if she'd dead it would be great for the plot. And I guess I was the only one who didn't see mohinder's neighbor being a spy. And Hiro is quickly becoming my favorite charecter. Can't wait to see what happens next week when the cheerleaders brother finds out about her.
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2006, 05:27:40 AM »

Well, Kid_Vid, you have a point, and I won't argue that with you a bit. I agree that unexpected plot twists can really make for god writing, but I still don't think they are going to kill her. The only real reasoning I have here is that she is: a) hot, which gets the lonley nerd demographic, b) featured so prominently in all of the media relating to the show, and c) glasses needs more "bad guys" on his side.

As for Eden being a spy, don't worry, Jester, my girlfriend didn't believe me either. She said I was paranoid.

Gabriel

swirler

• FNG
  • Yippy Flippin Skippy
    • goofygeeks
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2006, 07:34:40 AM »

heh my gf didnt see it either
I keep wondering if the glasses guy isnt gonna turn out to be not as evil as he appears.

ugg
I have to wait untilt he rebroadcast on scifi friday to see the very end, for some reason the show was long or something and the dvr cut it off as the chick asked the artist if he was Miguel or whatever his name is

grrrr
"I used to think the brain was the most interesting part of the body. Then I realized, look what's telling me that..."

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2006, 05:57:08 PM »

Yeah, so did mine.  One of the few reasons I prefer vcr: set it a couple minutes early to a couple minutes after, you don't have to worry about it cutting something off.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7729 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 15 queries.