Shadowrun Pub

• May 17, 2024, 06:43:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas in Seattle.  (Read 50402 times)

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Re:Christmas in Seattle.
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2004, 11:04:24 AM »

I'll fire into it anyways- I got two bullets left in the gun, and a spare clip on me. After the gun is empty, I'll hit the fragger with it.

it's really hard to get a good angle on the ghoul to shoot it while laying on your back on the ice, while it's trying to eat your face, but you squeze off a couple of shots anyways <Moderate Wound>, <Miss> one shot splits accrost it's back, but it's still doing a good job of trying to bite you <use all your combat pool to resist dammage><Light Wound> (you are now at Moderate Physical) it gets some good scrapes in with it's claws but at least it's not actually chewing on you. New Init. <Pass 12> your turn
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 06:01:40 PM by Ruski »
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2004, 03:50:29 PM »

(OOC)
I put my hands up like I surrender, then I flip him the bird and take off for the stairs.  Just gotta get out.

I was thinking about saying this whole speil but forget it, he'll just edit my voice again.
(/OOC)

After flipping the double bird and takeing off running you get to the fire escape stairs. pushing open the doors you hear the kalaxon siren of a fire warning joining into the security alert to make a nice recipe for a migrane headache. an automated security drone greets you with a sparking stunrod. it's hovering over the side of the fire stairs, and looking at you menicingly. new Init. <Pass 10> your turn.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 06:09:51 PM by Ruski »

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2004, 12:28:47 AM »

I'll use the gun to pistol-whip the ghoul.

useing the gun as a melee weapon is actually easyer than useing it as a fire arm in your current posisition. holding the gun out to one side you let gravity spin it on your finger so you are grabbing the hot smokeing barrel and have the butt of the pistol faceing forward. your had goes numb as the hot metal near-burns your flesh. getting all the leverage you can you crack the butt of the pistol into the temple of the ghoul, there is a splitting sound as the butt actually sinks into the skull of the creature <Medium wound> and it's neck makes a series of popping sounds as it bends un-naturally to the left. with that the creature goes limp, and almost starts to rot before your eyes. if peaces of rotting flesh weren't raining down on you, and you weren't laying on a huge bruse on your back where your spair clip is digging into your spine, and you weren't already covered with blood from who knows how many corpses, and your right hand wasn't going to need a whole tube of burn creame, you would be happy to see that. sitting up you see that the other ghoul is in a similar state of disintagration. you are very cold, and it starts to snow again.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 07:13:02 AM by Ruski »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2004, 11:37:23 AM »

I'll push the rotting corpse off of me and try and sit up in the snow. First things first. I'll go into the Stuffer Shack and buy a tube of burn creme and some bandages.

Maybe a dry, warm coat.

Then I'll go and see if I can find this poor bastard in that dumpster.

120Y later you have a warm sweater with 'NERPS' on the back of it, and an entire tube worth of 'insta-heal-burn-creme' squeezed into your palm and wrapped with some gauze. inside the dumpster is at least five bodies worth of parts... or so. just the smell of opening the dumpster makes you throw up on the now skelital forms for the ghouls. the blood on the ground is freezing in to clumps, and the new fallen 1mm of snow is shaded a deep red for the entire alleyway. <Int check> (Pass) you can hear noises comeing from behind the heavly re-enforced door accrost from the dumpster. not an 'opening noise' but there is deffenitly some machinery operateing inside.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 02:17:34 PM by Ruski »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2004, 01:33:32 PM »

(OOC)
Is the drone at the stairs up or stairs down?
(/OOC)

the drone is hovering over the ledge on your landing (over space) it's a circular stairway, with a circle of space that goes all the way to the bottom (although aparently it's frequented by security drones)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 02:20:18 PM by Ruski »

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2004, 05:51:06 PM »

(OOC)
Deng!  Ok, I'll back out and hide in a nearby cubicle.  Then I'll try to log onto the server by hacking into the workstation there.
(/OOC)

trying your best to be quiet about it stealth test <default to quickness> <pass> (barely) you backtrack past the door and dive into the first maze of cubicles you come to, keeping your head down. you hear the pitter patter of steeltoed feet rush past the maze and go to the stairwell past your posisition. turning on the closest SAN you attempt to gain access to the system <computer test> <sucess> and patch yourself into your own computer network files you run TakiExit.Exe <computer test> <sucess> the system reminds you to be carefull, now that the security system is offline.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 08:39:21 AM by Ruski »

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2004, 11:42:39 PM »

I'll go check the lock on the heavily re-inforced door. Electronic lock, or physical lock? (I have skill with both, so I'm checking with a craftsman's eye.)

it's got a decent mechanical lock on it (aprox level 6) and it's probibly about a barrier rateing 10 door. there also apears to be a security system wired into the frame of the door. <knoledge locks test> 3 sucesses it apears to be a magnetic boolian frame, sending a warning when it's opened. it detects the presence of the door by magnets hidden in a ceramic part of the frame being attracted to the re-enforced steel of the door.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 08:43:12 AM by Ruski »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2004, 09:49:21 AM »

Despite the burns and cold, I've got a decent tech toolkit on me, so I'll try and rig up some magnets (or a current of some kind) to defeat the magetic trigger so I can open the door without setting off the alarm.

Then I'll try the physical lock.

<B/R electronics> Success! It takes you a minute with a pocket magnet to find where in the frame the sensor is hidden, however, once you find it you slip a pece of scrapmetal between the door and frame to lock the magnet in place. <Stealth Lockpick> Success! it's your lucky day! (unless you count that stuff earlyer) and even with a bandaged hand and suffering from the begining stages of hyperthermia you are able to pop the lock and open the door. you can picture the bloke that owns this door's face when he finds that his $8,000 door was beat by a $1 peace of scrapmetal. It makes you smile.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 10:26:20 AM by Ruski »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2004, 11:53:31 AM »

Yes, it does. I smile and climb in out of the cold. (I also shut the door behind me... no need to let the drafts in after me.)

I'll change the clip in my gun and try and move stealthily around. What's in here that's making all that noise?

this is a backroom to some sort of lab or something. you don't reconize any of the equipment, with the exception of a large air compresser that's running. the sound of the aircompresser is almost defening, and you don't think that being sneekey will be a problem just so long as they rely on their hearing to find you. there is a well insulated door on the far side of the room leading deeper into the building.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 11:59:46 AM by Ruski »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2004, 12:49:37 PM »

I'll walk around this room real quick and make sure I'm alone in here... then I'll move to that door and try and get an idea of what's on the other side of it. Is there a window around it? Any keyhole for me to look through? If nothing else, I'll open the door just a crack and peek in.

no, everything in this room is sound proofed (aparently they didn't want the loud sound from the air compresser causeing roucous with the rest of whatever). The only other occupents of this room are insects. (mostly roaches) that seem to have taken to eating some of the more perishable equipment in the room. you also notice a nice red stain or two on the path between the two doors. Listening at the next door you can't hear anything beyond the pounding of the air compresser, but you can tell that the door is quite well insulated and thick. there is no lock on this door, but it does have a soft plastic seal arround the edge that forms arround the edges of the door when its closed.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 01:50:43 PM by Ruski »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2004, 02:55:19 PM »

I'll keep my gun in my good hand and open the door with the burned one.

it takes a little bit more strength than you like to open the door, and you have a feeling that pulling on that like so is going to cost you a couple of layers of skin later. gritting your teeth you pull a little harder to get the door open past the seal.

the door pops open.

in the room beyond there are a collection of tables each with a partially disected corpse on them. a drain in the floor has a near perminant suply of blood running to it. standing over one of the tables, and operateing a large air-saw is a surgeoun dressed hap-hazzardly in a rubber black raincoat (covered in blood) wearing rubber gloves (also covered in blood) . he is wearing a gasmask arround his neck (it's not in use, and covered in blood) and he is smokeing a large cigar while chopping off the arm of a large orc tied to the table. as soon as the door opens he looks up at you. the only sound you can hear over the air compresser is the shrill humm of the air saw turning at aproxametly 15,000 RPMs
<roll init.> <Pass 8> your turn.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 04:18:12 PM by Ruski »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2004, 08:30:53 PM »

Aim and fire. (I'm on my backup clip, which should be AV rounds... but if you want it not to be, that's cool too.)

(OOC)
I don't think you have any rounds except the AV rounds.
(/OOC)

Snapping your gun into line with the good doctor with your off-hand you fire. <Miss>the gun kicks back and feels a little wierd, while a mean looking hole apears in the wall next to the doctor. the doctor smiles and begins running at you with the air-saw. <new init.> The doctor stops running and slides accrost the bloodie floor for the last few feet while prepareing an overhead chop with the saw. <HIT><Use all combat pool><Light wound> you mannage to duck the bulk of the attack but your new sweater's right sleeve got tangled up in the saw, and before the blade cut it's self free your arm is a little worse for wear as well. <Init Pass 6> Your turn.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 08:54:26 AM by Ruski »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2004, 01:35:32 AM »

(OOC)
Next I try to hack into my department's database and download all the necessary data pertaining to the project we were working on and store it in my headware memory.  Then I'll delete it from the database, and wipe any data off my workstation (there should be none) remotely and take a gander at Ray's workstation to make sure there's nothing there.  That bastard can't have the damn program..dammit!

With that done I'll make my way down another set of stairs and try to get to the garage.  I'll try and be quiet enough to hear if anyone else is in the stairwell.  
(/OOC)

You try to copy the database program into your headware memory, but the files are just too large (over 80,000 MP) to fit into your 50MP of available headware memory (that's with deleteing your Honda pictures that you carry arround with you all the time in there) Raymond has some crazy rubix cube puzzle as a lock on his workstation. it would take you awhile to open that, and you aren't sure that it would be wise to wait here trying to figure it out. (even if the security system is down, there are still people looking for you) you can however, still try to erase the database and your work,  or try to find some smaller files to put into your headware memory. unfortunetly there are no blank disks in this workstation, but you do know where the storage closet is on your own floor if you want to go get some.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 09:04:23 AM by Ruski »

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2004, 10:22:48 AM »

(OOC)
Forget it, I'll just scramble the files all over the place so even with a good team of programmers it'd take months to put it back together.  Then I head for the garage.
(/OOC)

Okay, you use a combanation of copying the files over each other, encripting files with 2 billion digit encription (on a random key) and just outright deleteing random executables and data extraction tables to seriously screw with the company. After you jack out you still hear people moveing arround looking for you. it's only one mad dash to the stairwell, but it sounds like (you didn't want to poke your head up) there are at least three people searching this floor for you.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 10:55:34 AM by Ruski »

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2004, 04:52:27 PM »

I'll shoot the doctor twice.

<Serious Wound> <Serious Wound> You just barely hit him twice. with anti-vehicular ammo. in the chest. for bullet size holes going in, they shure are softball sized holes comeing out. must of picked up some bone and stuff on their way through. the air saw spins to a halt slowly, and the air compresser shuts off a moment later as the system reaches it's shutoff pressure. the silence is extra eerey when all of the noise stops.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 06:08:12 PM by Ruski »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7725 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 18 queries.